Animal Crossing = Boring

Rico

Playing
Wii
The game is just not for me. I have a short attention span and when it comes to games I like things to happen quickly. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, it seems like I would always have to wait until the next day for something to happen and in the meantime I'd either fish, catch bugs, or dig holes (which really isn't that exciting). I got bored pretty quickly. Mario is more my cup of tea.

There's really nothing to achieve in Animal Crossing, so you'd get bored easily, but the game isn't meant for you to be impatient. It's not a boring game because the purpose of it is to simulate a fantasy life where you can live out your days by catching fish, bugs, and interacting with animal citizens.
There's not a lot of action/plot because it was developed like that on purpose.
If you want more things to do that are like animal crossing, try Harvest Moon or Rune Factory!

Animal Crossing is something like The Sims, but cuter and weirder :)
You really don't have any goals, but it's cool that you can visit your friends' houses etc.

I like the game on GameCube, and played about 20 or 30 hours, but then just lost interest.

I don't really like it either, but I remember my sister played it alot on the DS when I was younger, so I have a bit of nostalgia for it. I like slower paced games, but Animal Crossing is an extremely slow, cartoony, restrictive Sims.

I personally love Animal Crossing, but I can see where you're coming from. Animal Crossing ins't a game for everyone, I guess.

I find Animal Crossing really enjoyable because I can play at my own pace - not the developer's pace. I can make things for myself to do - there's almost nothing in the game that you must do. You just do whatever you want, which makes the game really relaxing. The game has tons of content, but it's up to you what you do.

There's really nothing to achieve in Animal Crossing
I disagree - there's tons of things you can work towards, like collecting all furniture/bugs/fish, making your dream house, getting the perfect town and all the badges, and even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
i play it to unwind, its just very relaxing. you can't always save princesses, win wrestling championships, etc. i like it but gradually stepped away from it. i bet the neighbors are furious with me by now

Depends on how you look at the game, The previous versions really only had 1 year worth of activities to do, Between Jan 1 and December 31 you've caught every fish and bug, donated till the museum was full, expanded your house as much as possible, filled your store catalog and seen every event and there was nothing much left other than maybe the chat and visiting people to keep someone playing past that. New Leaf offers a bit more, being the town mayor and all. I don't have a 3DS myself so I'm waiting for a Wii U version, still, it's meant to be a casual game anyway so can't expect all the action packed stuff of a combat game or sports game. Same with the Endless Ocean games for the Wii

Yeah I was playing this game the other day because I got it from a friend and I can tell you that I think that it is the worst game that I have ever took the time to play and I think that even the sims is better than this game.

I'm not a fan of it either. If I'm hoping to play a game I want to play one that has goals or objectives. In a game like mine craft you make your own goals and do certain things. Animal crossing arms pointless to me. My sister used to play a lot of it, but personally I enjoy games that let me live a more exciting life, not a more boring one.

I think that it is the worst game that I have ever took the time to play and I think that even the sims is better than this game.

haha don't know about that, I had The Sims, Sims 2, and Sims 3 for the computer and at least Animal Crossing works, those Sims games were all broken to a point of being almost unplayable with EA Games customer service being none existent and a development team who's motto is, if it's broke, break it some more then raise the price.

I like to think that Animal Crossing: New Leaf is more of a game that you go to bed and wake up to. I mean, you are all right, there's nothing too exciting, but it's a game that relaxes you and takes you away from the world as we know it. That's what I enjoy about it, and quite frankly, I enjoy the easiness of the game and how I can take care of things at my own pace, when I want to.

I tend to agree that this game is pretty boring. Most animal crossing games keep my attention and are fun but new leaf just doesn't cut it.

When I first bought Animal Crossing New Leaf, I wasn't very impressed, however, it seemed the more I played it, the more I found to do. After finding out the many things I could do in the game, I still to this day can not put the game down after I have picked it up. There is so much to do in this game although there is really no point to it. Meeting villagers, becoming their friends, fishing, bug catching, planting gardens, making the town flourish, decorating your house, and so much more. I feel like many people don't enjoy it because they just aren't attracted to this game. I find it is also more fun to play with friends, and the mini games on the tropical island are so fun! All it all, I still play the game to this day. It is addicting and I just can't help myself.

c:

I've liked animal crossing since Gamecube, but oddly enough never enjoyed the portables as much as Gamecube and City folk. The lesser quality images and sounds kinda ruin it for me on the DS family, so I'm really hoping wii-u will get a fantastic version.

The Animal Crossing for Switch looks sick. I will not go anywhere near it because that game will be pure crack.

I’m interested in knowing what animal Crossing new horizons is going to be like. I hope it’s even cooler than what came before it. Animal Crossing was the first game I had for the DS.

i loved New Leaf. Played it with my daughter and i would send her letters and gifts, etc. She was the mayor, and i payed for her projects. Id love to know the story of how the hell Nintendo figured out that this type of game would be so enjoyable. I guess its just the relaxing factor, i don't know. Doubt ill get the Switch one, but I'm glad the game lives on.

Id love to know the story of how the hell Nintendo figured out that this type of game would be so enjoyable. I guess its just the relaxing factor, i don't know.

Animal Crossing was originally a relatively small N64 game released only in Japan. Nintendo then ported an enhanced version to GameCube, which was released worldwide and became a huge success. The rest is history.

Seems to appeal to certain types of gamers,
for me, i am sorta casual most times. Like slow pace, and cute customizable stuff. Stuff i can use to be creative. So , it works for me.
I've become recently sorta bored since i've gotten my island put together the way I like it, so i'm back onto stardew in preparation for the1.5 drop on the switch.... Way more to achieve.(Have it on PC, but modded, wanted to make a fair run on iton the console <3 xoxo.)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back