Animal Crossing: Frustration.

Damera

From
South Portland, ME
Playing
Switch
Is anyone else having trouble with earning enough bells to redesign their island? I've been playing for nearly a year now and have never found a way to earn enough bells to even add a second room to my house. I recently removed and sold every tree, seashell, weed, flower on the island and piece of furniture in my house to try and pay for one staircase, (my first one). Yet I still did not have enough to even make a dent. I needed almost 1,000,000 Bells to donate for one staircase. Yet every item I managed to sell would only get me 100 bells at best. This combined with my tools breaking constantly adds to the frustration. Am I the only one having trouble with this? Is their some surefire way to earn more bells easily? Or do I have to put in 10 years of my life just to build one bridge and pay off one house loan?

Hi @Damera, i won't say im an expert, but im definitely a veteran. YES it's slow to get started. Hopefully i can give a few hints:

The quickest get rich trick we've found is the turnip trade. My wife discovered a Facebook AC group that helps each other find the highest turnip prices. One night she just asked the group, and a friend was selling for 548 bells per so she flew to her island. Then i went after. I made 2 million bells that day.

Here's another: Raise the Island rating. Once you get past the 4 or 5 star ratings, you island will start getting more rare creatures to capture, which are worth more bells. This will also make Nook give you more options in the ATM machine. Better bridges, etc.

My favorite way is growing fruit trees. I planted as much as i could here and there and on a harvest day i'll make 100000 bells.

It just takes time, i hope this helps!

@Damera Easiest way is like @dustinb12 said, using the turnips. Otherwise, I think you might be playing the game in a unique way. Catch all the rare bugs and stuff and sell those. Tbh, selling grass and furniture is not worth the time.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back