Anyone here play ActRaiser?

Damien Lee

Playing
Super Famicom
One of the first SNES games to catch my eye was ActRaiser by Quintet and published by Enix - known as Square Enix nowadays. This is a unique title because it combines a god game with a platformer. A strange combination that has yet to be implemented by other developers, even to the present day.

Nevertheless, this worked remarkably well and ActRaiser was well-received by the gaming press and gamers alike in the early 90's.

Anyone here get to play and enjoy ActRaiser?

I've tried ActRaiser a few times as a kid, but it didn't grab me. It's pretty neat that you're playing as God and fighting Satan, although they ended up changing that in the re-release. Did you play ActRaiser 2? Was it comparable to the original?

I've tried ActRaiser a few times as a kid, but it didn't grab me. It's pretty neat that you're playing as God and fighting Satan, although they ended up changing that in the re-release. Did you play ActRaiser 2? Was it comparable to the original?
I agree that it's not an easy game to get into. I think it's because the simulation and platform elements of the game clash a bit, and therefore ruin the flow of the game. It took me a while to really appreciate it. I did play ActRaiser 2 which actually has some phenomenal graphics. However, it play like a pretty mediocre platformer and lacks the inventiveness of it's predecessor.

I'm definitely going to have to revisit ActRaiser now that I'm not 10 years old as I think I may appreciate a bit more. This is why I'm enjoying these forums so much, talking with fellow Nintendo fans gives me a chance to discover old games again! Thanks @Damien Lee !

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back