Anyone Still Have PS2?

GamerPerson

Playing
Wii U
Just like the title says, I want to know:

Does anyone still have a ps2? If so, why do you keep it around? Is it because it's your only way to play old PlayStation and PS2 games? What games do you play on it? Do you think some of the games would hold up together compared to some of the current games?

Still got mine, 2 actually, there is no alternative for timesplitters 2 lan. Not because split screen or ts2 gameplay is dated but it's just not made anymore, certainly hasn't been beaten or replaced. The ability to keep, copy and transfer saves works so much better than relying on servers that are going to be shutdown. The memory card brought round a friends house hasn't been beaten either. Plus half the games coming out are ps2 remakes anyway so can save money, haha. So there's my view/rant hehe

Yes, I've kept it even though I already bought more recent consoles. I don't play on it anymore, but my parents gave me the PS2 as a gift for my birthday and so I'm highly unwilling to let it go. I'll just keep this little guy around until I'm under the earth. Sentimental Value, all the way. Plus it's a great console, I would love to bust it out one day and play with it again.

Oh yeah I still have mine and all of my games for it. It was the original fat PS2 and works far better than those slim ones. I need to break it out to replay some of my favorites like the .hack series.

I have it at a friends and I have an emulator on this laptop. So no matter where I go, I have all PS2/below emulators on hand.

Can't be a retrogamer without at least five flashdrives full of games and emulators utilities and each labeled properly!

I still have mine and use it. I don't think that I will ever be able to let that go until it's dead. The only games that I play on it though are the Jak and Daxter games. Those games are still fun for me to play. I have all of them I believe, and I have only been able to beat the first game. So, this summer since I wasn't doing anything important I thought that it was about time that I tried to beat them all. I'm sure that I won't be able to do them all, since I don't have that kind of time but it will be fun.

I actually own two PS2's. One is the original PAL system that I bought back in 2001, still functional and plays all games released locally. A few years later I picked up a Japanese slim PS2 which allows me to play all those hot PS1 & PS2 imports, not available in Western markets. One of the best investments I've ever made, still enjoy playing games on it to this very day. Fortunately, most PS1 & PS2 imported retro games are not that expensive like on other systems.

Have been playing all my collection since I repossesed my PS2. Xenosaga series was still beautiful. Zone of the Enders was still a fun series. Guitar Hero, Final Fantasy 10 and 12. Good lineup to crush some time to. Missing some of my favorites though, problem with lending things out I guess.

I do. Mainly for one game. One that many of you probably have never heard of. Fire Pro Wrestling Returns. I am a huge fan of the series, and had this game when it was first released in Japan. We worked on a patch and released it online, before Agetech surprised us by purchasing the rights to publish in America. They actually asked our opinion on a forum I used to frequent, and we are mentioned in the user's manual.

If you like wrestling, check this one out. It's beyond fun and the most in-depth experience you will find. Yes, it does exist on PSN for PS3 users. The reason I still have my PS2 is because of my save file that I spent countless thousands of hours perfecting, updating, and the all the rest.

^
I do. Mainly for one game. One that many of you probably have never heard of. Fire Pro Wrestling Returns. I am a huge fan of the series, and had this game when it was first released in Japan. We worked on a patch and released it online, before Agetech surprised us by purchasing the rights to publish in America. They actually asked our opinion on a forum I used to frequent, and we are mentioned in the user's manual.

If you like wrestling, check this one out. It's beyond fun and the most in-depth experience you will find. Yes, it does exist on PSN for PS3 users. The reason I still have my PS2 is because of my save file that I spent countless thousands of hours perfecting, updating, and the all the rest.

Whoa! huge wrestling fan right here! i never got to try it out but i remember hearing of it. I'm sorely missing wrestling games right now, for i refuse to buy other consoles just for a few games. My ps2 was a wrestling/college football machine in the living room. Now i feel old

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back