Are handhelds dying?

Handhelds tend to win with Nintendo because they do them right. Sony just lets them die.

That's all I can say.

At one point this would have been a fanboy statement. Now it's just fact.

No way man, as long as Nintendo and Pokemon are here. I know this is an inappropriate comparison, but the 3DS outsold Sony's PS4 and Microsoft's Xbox one combined. That is definitely something.

This:
Now it's just fact.

Bravely Default: 140 hours, Fantasy Life: 160 hours, Yokai Watch: 50 hours and rapidly climbing. Mario Golf World Tour, MK7, Luigi's Mansion, Majora's Mask, OoT3d.

Not in my house.

What's a Sony? (flinching in fear)

No way man, as long as Nintendo and Pokemon are here. I know this is an inappropriate comparison, but the 3DS outsold Sony's PS4 and Microsoft's Xbox one combined. That is definitely something.

I agree with this!

I don't think that the handheld market will completely die off, not in the foreseeable future, at least! The ease and mobility that handheld consoles offer users over home consoles is relatively unmatched... Unless other consoles start to mimic the Wii U's controller so that a player can be in the same room as the console without needing the television to play. Aimed at portability and efficiency, a 3DS or PSP will likely be one of the first items accounted for when a gamer travels, whether they do so often or infrequently. The gamer who travels with their handhelds will likely not bring a PS4 or Wii along for the ride unless the distance is short or the time spent away is extensive.

I think that Nintendo will continue to push out applications into the tablet and smartphone markets, as the chances of their target audience owning either of those is equal (if not greater than) the chances of them owning a handheld or home console. Though it would stand to reasoning that Nintendo's presence in app stores would help drive up their game/console sales.

Well, as long as pokemon lives, then the handhelds will go on. You wanna know why pokemon will always be on handhelds? It's full name is pocket monsters. You can carry your monsters in your pocket, meaning inside the handheld.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back