Are you excited for Call of Duty: Ghosts?

wowtgp

Playing
Wii U
Like last few years, a new interation of COD is coming this year as well. It's called COD: Ghosts. I for one am not impressed by this game at all. So, for the first time, I will not buy this game. What about you?

It looks promising but I'm not quite sure if it's worth it. The past few Infinity Ward COD games have been a letdown for me IMO. Ghosts did look good but CoD on nintendo consoles always felt gimped. Never played them on PC, so If I do get Ghosts it'll most likely be on PS4. That said, I'm definitely not pre-ordering Ghosts since as I said, MW3 was horrible and MW2 was good til hackers got it cracked open and exploited.

They showed a bit more footage back on Gamescome. t looks mediocre to be honest with you.

But we all know that fans will be all over this game when it comes out. So, it's not worth arguing over the quality of this game when we all know that this is going to be another best selling COD game shattering the record set by previous games.

Well I'm certainly not bellyaching over it. I mean it's just another title. That said it seems at least a bit interesting and I honestly wouldn't mind seeing this if just to compare it to BF4.

I'm never "excited" over a new Call of Duty game. However, I'll end up giving it a try, just to play it. I always prefer the PC when it comes to shooters. I hate how slow and clunky and inaccurate the console controllers are when it comes to controls for a FPS. 3rd Person is one thing, but FPS is something else. Some games I don't mind. But in fast paced shooters, accuracy is key, so I need my mouse and keyboard for those games. I did like the controls of FPS on the Wii, with the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo. I felt that was quick, easy, smooth, and accurate. I got to aim exactly where I wanted to aim, instead of just being in the general area, like I would with a controller. So I loved that. Too bad most FPS's on the Wii were watered down versions. With the exception of the Metroid Prime series, of course. Those worked out great all around. As for Call of Duty, I'll try it out on the PC. I know people who get every one, so I know they'll get it. So I'll be able to play it. When I can get around to it. I did like the last Call of Duty on the Wii U. That worked well. I might consider the Wii U version of Ghosts one day, to help support the Wii U. I know some friends who loved playing Black Ops 2 online on the Wii U. They had a blast and said that they enjoyed it. So they'll get it on the Wii U for sure. I may get it, just to get it. But I'm not the biggest fan of the franchise. Thus, I'm never "excited" about a new one. "Mildly Interested", but not "excited". It's turned into a sports game, really. In the sense that there is one constantly released on a regular basis. It gets harder and harder to get "excited" for something the comes out every year. Also, there are tons of FPS's on the market as it is. So I can skip a Call of Duty here and there, and feel like I'm not missing out on anything. But that also goes with pretty much every other FPS too. For the most part.

No. I generally despise the Call of Duty franchise as a whole as it representative of everything that is wrong with modern gaming. The industry doesn't need another FPS with prettier graphics. There's no real innovation taking place and it's about time Call of Duty is put to pasture.

This may sound harsh but back in more enlightened times the games industry knew how to move forward. Back in the early 90's there was a glut of 2D space shooters in the marketplace. After 2-3 years of this the entire industry had enough of this and decided to move to 2D fighting games, further reigniting excitement in game fans.

I actually just played it for the first time a few days ago. I like the campaign, but the multiplayer isn't my thing.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back