Banjo Kazooie

Demon_skeith

Playing
Nintendo 64
If you had a N64, chances were high you owned or rented this game to play it or played it at a friends house. So who here played this great series on the N64? I'm still a fan of the series today and I wish more was made by the old Rare company.

*Insert's Banjo's KU-HUHHH Laugh here*

I loved Banjo and Kazooie. From the level designs to the overall platforming elements, the 64 had some of THE best platformers just because it was games really big attempt to go "full 3-d" meant so many places where those RARE designers could hide puzzle pieces, items, or generally just make a level fun and annoying at the same time to finish.

What was your favorite level?

Its been far too long for me to recall any stages, I know I played both games between the ages of 7-9 and not beyond that. I do recall a ghost like stage or something like that which was fun, but I do remember hating all the water swimming stages.

My favorite was any stage that Mumbo has to turn you into something else to explore (like the swamp stage and the alligator). It was so interesting to see "Stages within Stages" - you'd explore an entire stage and be like "WHERE AM I MISSING THIS?!" and then tadaa, you have to transform over and go explore more even further.

Plus, their music was catchy:

I always looked forward to meeting Mumbo, I enjoyed his little dance and chant and whatever he turned you into.

And yes the music for the series was without a doubt great and catchy.

I'm not the biggest fan of Rare but they are a great game developer nevertheless. I own Banjo Kazooie and have completed about 50 percent of the game. It was very enjoyable in the beginning and could see that it was a worthy rival to Super Mario 64. However, I didn't find the game compelling enough to keep playing right through to the end. It's been year now but perhaps I should go back to it and give it another chance.

I liked it a bit better than Mario 64, honestly. It seemed more creepy and more fun to platform on. I loved Mario 64 though; don't get me wrong. Those flight caps were bomb-omb to play with. (pun intended).

But, the music, the stage development and level structure, searching for some of those puzzle pieces - and Gruntilda, made it fun.

Dude, nice find! I never knew they were re-doing it. But I think since they now announced backwards compat at E3 it was coming. Just didn't know it'd be this soon!

Dude, nice find! I never knew they were re-doing it. But I think since they now announced backwards compat at E3 it was coming. Just didn't know it'd be this soon!

I think other companies should do the same. Make a collection of their older games. Might as well bring back old school and squeeze out a few more dollars out of them. No R&D needed for this project.

Nope, and makes newer-generation but-oldschool gamers happy at the same time (like myself) - It's a win win!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back