Best First-Person Shooters

danielle davidson

Playing
Wii Mini
I would have to say that my favorite first person shooter games would be Call of Duty. I have tried out a couple of different games like Battlefield and Halo, and just didn't like them as much. I liked the guns that they have and the maps. Those are what really made me love the game the most. So, what is your favorte first person shooter game?

Does Splatoon count? Because Splatoon is definitely my winner.

I've never heard of it before I came on here and I feel like I keep seeing people talking about it. I did look it up, and it does seem like it would count. What is the whole premiss of the game though? That makes it so awesome?

For me, first person shooters are simply just a genre that I can play but isn't my favorite. I like playing them every now and then but overall they're something I'll play but aren't my favorite. Halo is my favorite FPS series as a whole, but there are others I like as well.

I've never heard of it before I came on here and I feel like I keep seeing people talking about it. I did look it up, and it does seem like it would count. What is the whole premiss of the game though? That makes it so awesome?
it was touted as "The shooter that's for people who don't like shooters", and "The shooter thats not a shooter." And this is exactly what it is. Basically, the object is to paint/splat more of a zone/level than the other team in a certain amount of time. There are different weapons, clothes to choose that do all manner of things. There are many different types of gameplay, along with a pretty cool single player mode. Its kind of like owning a Pug, if you got one you just understand it. It's hard to explain other than its pure, no-blood, fun. It's also the only "shooter" i own.

(yes i have a pug)

I'm not a big FPS fan, this genre doesn't do much for me. But I did enjoy Killzone 2 on the PS3, immensely. Partly because it was a massive technical achievement at the time, it was regarded as the best looking game when it was launched. The other thing that I enjoyed was the weighty feel of the various guns. It gave the game a more realistic and hardcore feel that was missing from other FPS games.

Eventually the developer released an update to optionally remove the weighty feel and so that it could feel like a normal FPS, since many people were complaining about this. I played through Killzone 2 again after downloading this patch, honestly it destroyed the experience and I just switched back to the original mode.

I actually played Splatoon and really just could not get into it. Which is a shame since I was actually pretty excited for it.

Yeah I traded my copy into GameStop and got Pac-Man and Toad amiibos so it worked out in the end.

Back