Best N64 Game?

Y0shiM0n

Playing
Wii U
My favorite is definitely Super Mario 64, it just feels so great. Not to mention it is one of the first video games I have ever played. I was 3 at the time. But I do have to give Super Smash Bros 64 credit because it started my favorite franchise of all time. What is your favorite video game on the N64?

Gah, this is a really tough one for me, but I think ultimately I have to go with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It may actually be my favourite game of all time, although I think A Link to the Past passes it slightly, if only for nostalgia reasons). Perfect Dark comes really close too, and Super Smash Bros...

There are too many to choose from. I think I'm sticking with OOT though.

Hahaha I know, somewhat predictable I suppose considering how much I've been posting about Zelda. I swear I'm not a Zelda fanboy or anything (there are many Zelda games I actually haven't played), but I'm realizing that they really shaped my video game playing "career" (hehe).

The worst is that I've probably played Perfect Dark (and Goldeneye 007 before that) more than any other game on the N64. It was tough not picking that one over Zelda, but ultimately my heart is with the Princess. ;)

Yeah I get it.
That is how I feel about Mario Bros games. Specifically Smash and Super Mario 64.

Super Mario 64 is my favorite video game of all time as well as my favorite Nintendo 64 game. Some honorable mentions for me would be Mario Kart 64, F-Zero X, Donkey Kong 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros., Pokemon Puzzle League, Pokemon Snap, Banjo-Kazooie (though I've only played the Xbox version), Army Men Sarge's Heroes, Mario Party 1 & 2, Mario Tennis, and Yoshi's Story.

Super Mario 64 was the primary reason I bought a N64. The secondary reason was that Treasure was a 3rd party developer, I remember seeing early development shots of Yuke Yuke Troublemakers or Mischief Makers (as it was known in the west) in GameFan magazine. This pretty much sweetened the deal and made me want to get a N64 even more. However, my favorite N64 game is another Treasure title, Sin & Punishment which I had to import. I absolutely love it and the cartridge is permanently inserted into my machine.

Best N64 games Golden eye, smash bros, Banjo Kazooie, and LoZ ooT

Goldeneye was number one. Number two was Perfect Dark. Number three had to be Mariokart 64. Number four was Super Mario 64.

Latest threads

Back