Best NES Games

Hm... As I was growing up, Super Mario Bros 1 and 3 were the main ones I played. My sister and I could both play, all was good.
Those two games still rule as my favorite. As I was younger, the third was my favorite, now, I choose the first.
The original Zelda was quite nice though, I have yet to beat it. I plan to int h near future.

Mine was The Legend of Zelda as well. I also greatly enjoyed the original TMNT and River City Ransom. And I used to be able to beat Mario 1 in one life and about 5 minutes using warps ^^

Excite bike! It was simple, you had to move between lanes to avoid obstacles and lean back just right to avoid rolling your dirtbike. It was simple and fun and madeningly frustrating to beat in time trials.

Now I like the cartridges, check out youtube for an example of a guy turning a single cartridge into the entire console, he stuffed it all in there with controller connectors and all!

There were so many games I liked/ owned on the NES that it's hard to choose one from memory. But off hand, I think the game that stuck out for me was Deadly Tower. That game was pretty much a dungeon crawler. But the game had so many tweaks that it was far ahead of any other similar game at the time.

My favorites growing up were Super Mario 3, zelda, street fighter and TMNT. There was also another game I used to play all the time, but I forgot what it was called (maybe you can help me with the title?) It was set up similarly to chess, but when you landed on a character you had to battle with them for the spot.

My favorite may have been the original Final Fantasy. Two and Three were good as well, but for some reason, they didn't hold my attention quite as well as the first. The basic class system allowed for a varied play experience, and if you knew what you were doing, it served as something of a difficulty slider. We've all heard of the "all white mage" challenge. The story was rather coherent. It wasn't particularly unique or inspired, but it made sense and you knew why you were doing what you were doing at any given point in the game. It was a good enough game to pull Square back from the brink of death, and I think that's worth something.

There was also another game I used to play all the time, but I forgot what it was called (maybe you can help me with the title?) It was set up similarly to chess, but when you landed on a character you had to battle with them for the spot.

Could you be thinking of Archon? I had that game on the Commodore 64 a long time ago. You had one side lined up with knights and pegasi and whatnot, and the other had goblins, trolls, and dragons? Also, the king on each side could teleport, right?

When I made the jump from Atari to the original nintendo series You got the two games on one cartidge in which they were mario and duck hunt. You got two controllers and one nintendo gun ,but no nintendo R.O.B. which came out for a short time. I have to say that besides the first game(s) that came with the system I couldn't leave double dragon as the other favorite game for me.

Pretty much the same for me, Super Mario Bros 1 and 3. I have a lot more play time logged for SMB 1 and can blow through it quickly now, so I really only play it for nostalgic reasons. I think there's still more play time in SMB 3 for me, but I don't have a copy anywhere.

I was never into the Zelda games at all.

I loved Excite Bike too. I used to spend hours just making my own tracks and running through them. Those were simpler times, but I'm guessing that they would even still hold up until today. Another favorite of mine is Contra, of course. That game popularized the cheat code that we will never ever forget.

I would have to say Super Mario 3 or Dragon Warrior. Metroid and Zelda came close though. I loved Dragon Warrior so much that my brother and I used to pretend we were inside the game and fought imaginary monsters in the back yard. Super Mario 3 brings back memories because I used to play it with a girl down the street I had a crush on, plus, it was an awesome game!

I was sort of big on Duck Hunt. It was a lot of fun, and I was pretty awesome at it. Other than that I liked the Mario Brothers Three. I didn't have the Ninja Turtles one if I get a new system. I love the way old games were made.

Legend of Zelda is my favorite, than it would have to be Metroid. I love adventure, and Zelda was amazing at making me feel adventurous, even though I was a N64 guy to begin with.

Metroid was one of my all time favorite NES games. I used to play that game for days on end. Another game I used to play all the time was Golgo 13. That was such a great game, but for some reason it never really seemed to catch on. I think I was the only kid at the time playing that game lol.

Super Mario 3, Zelda, Punch-Out, and Dunk Hunt.

But Super Mario 3 takes the cake. The overworld theme song periodically gets stuck in my head.

The original Metal Gear was my favorite. I remember that was the first time you could make a character smoke cigarettes, and it made your health go down. But seriously, It was a great game, I think it was actually one of the first games around that involved stealth.

I thought the original metal gear was for the MSX2... I didn't know it came out for the NES...

Awwwww, yeah. I have a lot of games I enjoyed on that ol' system.
Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros. 1,2, and 3
Legend of Kage
Renegade
Double Dragon 1,2, (and I think 3)
Gumshoe
River M'F'n Ransom. I freakin' love this game.
Duck Hunt
Ghosts and Goblins
Adventure Island
Baseball Stars 2
Double Dribble
Tecmo M'F'n Bowl. I also freakin' love this game.
Super Dodge Ball
Ice Hockey. The Czechs rock.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1,2, and 3
Metal Gear
Rad Racer
R.C. Pro-Am
Castlevania
Ninja Gaiden
Karnov
Ikari Warriors
Duck Tales
Contra
Bionic Commando
Bubble Bobble

...I think that's it. That's all I remember that left a positive footprint in my memory.

Ok, so if you had to pick one, just one, what would it be, Jacob.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back