Buy a Playstation 3

mevsthor

Playing
Wii
Thinking about purchasing a PS3. It has been a while since I've owned a PlayStation (I've only owned the original). What are some good and bad things about the PlayStation 3?

Why are you thinking about purchasing a console that you know nothing about? This makes no sense. :wacko:

It might be worth it to pick up a PS3, especially now, because the price is coming down.
There are many good games for the PS3, like Mass Effect(trilogy), Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim etc.
Likewise, the PS3 also allows you to download classic games. Personally, I think the control for the Sony is superior to the Xbox controller. I also like the fact the PS3 has a Blu Ray player built in. If you have a good internet connection, you can play online, and use Netflix.

The Playstation 3 is a good thing to pick up because of the blue ray discs and huge amount of stuff you can pick up on the store. I'm going to be picking one up quite soon myself. Has better exclusives then Xbox but not better then nintendo.

Yeah the PS3 does have a lot of exclusives and like what someone else said it does have a Blu Ray player. I own a 360 and I like the achievements system so I don't see myself owning a PS3 in the future, but I have heard from the people who do own one that they like it very much.

I also should note the blu ray player works pretty well. I have been using it constantly for a few years now, and it's still going strong. It also plays DVDs of course, which included "burned" DVDs. The PS3 also picks up my wireless internet connection pretty well.

I have to say the only problem I have had with my PS3 concerned having to reformat and losing everything that was content I bought and downloaded. Honestly, it just taught me not to purchase anything unless it can physically be transferred if anything went awry. Their customer support really helped to reinforce my feelings on the matter by trying to give me a five dollar credit for a loss of over one hundred dollars. Nonsense. But clearly my fault.

That does sound like semi crappy customer service. I would think a billion dollar company would simply just give you the games you lost for free. Considering your word passed around the internet; is worth far more than the cost of these games, they should know word of mouth is the largest source of revenue.

I would love if they realized this without it having to be mentioned. However, after it happened to me, I looked it up online and found that a lot of people had the same situation happen to them. Like I said: It was my fault for assuming that downloaded AND paid for games could be transfered back to me without complication.

Hmm... okay:

PS3 -

Pros:
*Blu-ray included: although to be honest I have never purchased a Blu-ray and see no point to doing so.
*Exclusives: Sometimes worth it, but generally I can honestly say that most exclusives are worth purchasing the system for.
*Store: Their store is pretty good although it can be kind of cluttered at times.
*Controller: It could be wireless, but it was pluggable for recharging.

Cons:
*Graphic display: sometimes it just about killed me how dark everything was.
*Shoddy Ports: If you can get a game for 360, please just get it for 360.
*Multiplayer: Sony is bad at it.
*PSN Security: Is really shoddy as the news was cheerful to announced for days at a time.

Other concerns?

PS3 has an achievement system - trophies.

I think you should get it because it's better than any of the other devices that are out there right now. I think that the PlayStation would be worth the money, and that an Xbox wouldn't be worth it. I love the PS2 that I had, and I'm thinking about buying the new PlayStation. I would much rather have that, than the Xbox that I have. I just don't use the Xbox and it's starting to become obsolete.

The PlayStation 3 is a great console and worth getting if you're in the market for one. There are plenty of great exclusives that didn't get released on rival consoles such as Metal Gear Solid 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Killzone 2 & 3, The Uncharted and inFamous series all of which are worth playing. Perhaps for multi-platform titles the Xbox 360 would be the better choice but I think the PS3 had the hotter exclusives, overall.

Also tons of Japanese games that never got released in the West, the PS3 can play games from any region which is a feature not discussed often enough.

The PlayStation 3 is a great console and worth getting if you're in the market for one. There are plenty of great exclusives that didn't get released on rival consoles such as Metal Gear Solid 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Killzone 2 & 3, The Uncharted and inFamous series all of which are worth playing. Perhaps for multi-platform titles the Xbox 360 would be the better choice but I think the PS3 had the hotter exclusives, overall.

Also tons of Japanese games that never got released in the West, the PS3 can play games from any region which is a feature not discussed often enough.

They do have a lot of good games. You can also get another couple of years from it before they start to stop making games. If you don't mind that, then you should get one. I mean I wouldn't want to play the prices for the other consoles that are out there right now.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back