Can any N64 music buff help identify this sample?

doerrtim

Playing
GameCube
Hi all,

First of all, please forgive the post if it's in the wrong place or inappropriate for this forum.

Are there any N64 ost aficionados that recognize the sample from this track? (the sample I'm referring to begins at 00:23)

It sounds very much like Kirby to me, and also very N64 though I'm not ruling out the SNES. It doesn't seem to be from the Crystal Shards. I've also had a listen through the SNES options though I'm only really familiar with Super Star (the sample in question sounds quite similar to the save room from the Great Cave Offensive).

Not positive at all. I suppose it could even be from Starfox 64 acknowledging the rest of the video. I just don't know enough about the N64 library and hoped an expert here could help!

Cheers!

It does not sound like any N64 game that I know. It may not even be from a N64 game all.

Thanks crunchyg. WDLmaster from the HCS Forum id'ed it. It's the file select music from Kirby and the Crystal Shards!

edit: seems an arrangement was also used for the Canvas Curse Menu Theme.

Last edited:
Nice! I actually enjoyed Kirby 64. Guess I just didn't pay much attention to the music. 😅

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back