Connecting Nintendo64 to TCL RokuTV?

Lykaios

Playing
Nintendo 64
I am trying to connect my Nintendo64 to my TCL RokuTV. I have the RF adaptor screwed into the Cable/ANT input, but when I go to search for channels via the satellite option it says nothing is found. I redo scan with just channels 3 and 4 selected still doesn't find it. I have the RF adaptor set to channel 3, the N64 is on with a game in it. Does anyone have any experience with this?
I do not have the red, white, yellow N64 hook-up though I can buy one if need be. I have tried looking everywhere for help and most just give advice on the RCA hook-up.
I found something that said "hooking it up this way means you have to tune the N64 into one of the TV channels. This may not work if your TV only has a digital TV tuner." I have no idea what this means or how to do this or even if the Roku supports this, and I found where it says how some newer TV's don't support Coax Cable RF Adaptors or 240hp. So please any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

You would be degrading signal quality significantly by connecting via the RF adapter. Go out and buy the N64 composite cable and be done with it.

I have to agree with crunchy on this one. Using the cable input might not have very good results... I remember I used to do this with the gamecube and it was... Well it worked at the time! What they are saying about the channel is that an antenna is supposed to plug into that cable input, then you do a channel search and it will automatically pick up the channels coming in through the air. If you plug your N64 into it, then turn it on, then do a channel search it should go to the channel since that is the only signal.

If you really want a good 2020 experience, buy the composite cable. I'm pretty sure the RokuTV doesn't have AVI though does it? If it doesn't, you can either buy an AVI (the red, white, and yellow cables, I'm not sure what's the proper name, either AVI or RCA, one of the two) to HDMI adapter for like >5 bucks on ebay or you can buy a fancy N64 to HDMI adapter. Not gonna lie, the N64 to HDMI adapter is way better, but it's 6x the price.

Hope this helped and not just confused! Also, sorry for replying a bit late.

I have to agree with crunchy on this one. Using the cable input might not have very good results... I remember I used to do this with the gamecube and it was... Well it worked at the time! What they are saying about the channel is that an antenna is supposed to plug into that cable input, then you do a channel search and it will automatically pick up the channels coming in through the air. If you plug your N64 into it, then turn it on, then do a channel search it should go to the channel since that is the only signal.

If you really want a good 2020 experience, buy the composite cable. I'm pretty sure the RokuTV doesn't have AVI though does it? If it doesn't, you can either buy an AVI (the red, white, and yellow cables, I'm not sure what's the proper name, either AVI or RCA, one of the two) to HDMI adapter for like >5 bucks on ebay or you can buy a fancy N64 to HDMI adapter. Not gonna lie, the N64 to HDMI adapter is way better, but it's 6x the price.

Hope this helped and not just confused! Also, sorry for replying a bit late.

Ya we have an RCA cable from Amazon coming! But I gave some of my games (7 to be exact) to a friend and when he tried playing them he said all he got was a grey screen from every game. He said he tried blowing on them to clear any dust, but no luck. Which I'm hoping means they have life in them, but they just gotta be clean. They have been sitting in the attic for over 4years so they are prob super dusty. Which means all mine will prob do the exact same thing and can't really test the RCA cable if all they do is show a grey screen. I heard that 90% isopropyl alcohol with Q-Tips is best to use to clean N64 cartridges, but with all this epidemic going on finding it along with Q-tips has been very unlucky.

I agree with @Heigw with his suggestions, however... You should watch videos by this dude on YouTube. You can connect your red-white-yellow cable to a device...

There are more comparisons, but MetalJesus did a somewhat in-depth look at the scalers on the market...

I watched this Video:

Used 70% of the Alcohol in video and used 2nd method and finally got the games working!
Majora's Mask: Works Ocarina of Time: Works, but had to Reclean + Method Above Mario Party 3: Works, but had to do reclean Diddy Kong Racing: Works, but had to reclean + Method Above Mario64: Works Gex64: Works, but had to Reclean + Method Above

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back