Counterattack and Magic Unleash System

Jack Lovejoy

From
California (Originally from Korea)
Playing
Wii
Hey guys, I am Jack here and lets talk about systems I came up with.

For counterattacking, you have to hold the L and R button together to go into a slow motion attack reading perspective, this way, it will be easy to avoid enemy attacks. When an enemy tries to attack you while you are in Attack Reading mode, quick time events will happen. The buttons will tell you what to do and here is an example of a counter attack:

A goblin tries to attack you by swinging its club at you. In attack reading mode, you press backwards to avoid the attack. Then, you can use the enemy's force against him like pressing Y to kick the club and hit it back at the Golbin's head or press Jump to go up and stomp on the Goblin's head when he lowers it.

However, sometimes counterattacks cannot work, like if the goblin is attacking you while you are near a ledge, you can't perform a counterattack since you cannot step back, or else you will fall to your death.

Now for the Magic Unleash System. Shane, for that bar mechanic, I am deciding to not use it for dance of death. Once you fill the bar with enough pent up energy, you can perform a stylish combo finisher using a magic attack depending on which combo attack you used last. This is similar to Bayonetta, except she can perform combo finishers more frequently than Lucifer since there is no gauge to determine her "Magic Unleash"

So how do these mechanics sound?

Sounds good!

There's a lot on my mind, like I personally prefer something a bit... simpler. But then again, I really loved Bayonetta. So it's like, do I even know myself?

Fun Bayonetta Fact:

It might be a rip off of another game called Bullet Witch..... But Bullet Witch sucks since it is repetitive with boring level design and poor enemy AI, so who the hell cares? XD

I just mean the gameplay mechanics in general need to be simpler. I have a theory that you don't even need anything complex.

In the action game The Last Story, attacking was automatic, just walk up to enemies. And all you did was use your bow, collect powerups, and diffuse magic circles. A few other things too. But it was a simple game and it was fun.

I worry that you're getting too complex. But then again, being complex alone doesn't always make or break a game.

I know, I just want the game to be more distinguishable from other hack and slash games. But I thought of the solution for the multiple enemy counter attack problem.

If multiple enemies are in your sight, you can press the L and R button to choose which enemy will you counter on. The other enemies cannot attack you once you are performing a counter attack on the chosen enemy.

Also, I also thought of another concept where Lucifer can use Sword Summoning. What I mean by that is for every time Lucifer uses a combo, he fills up another gauge called the sword meter. The sword meter is broken up into segments and it can be used to add extra damage into your attacks.

You can press the touch screen to unleash all the energy built up in the sword meter and it multiplies your damage with shadow swords that follow up with your attacks.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back