Did you buy this $ 500 NES - Analogue Nt?

Damien Lee

Playing
Super Famicom
A small company called Analogue Interactive is known for putting together some stunning high-end retro consoles. This time, they've worked on a NES, actually the guts of their system is lifted from the Japanese Famicom. Which basically means that it can play both American NES & Japanese Famicom cartridges.

The chassis of the machine is milled, which makes is very expensive. But the AV outputs have also been improved to allow for a crisper picture than a vanilla NES allows for. Although some folks that have received their Analogue Nt systems have complained that the RGB output is too bright. On the Pat the Nes Punk channel, they discuss this issue.

Did you buy an Analogue Nt or are you planning on purchasing one in the future?

I didn't know something like that existed. Now would I buy it for $500 usd? No way. I assume it will work better then the original with the upgraded hardware. But you know, with the roms that are out there already, I think I would rather just get those and not waste the money on this piece of machinery. If I had a billion dollars then I might just buy it for the hell of it. What am I talking about? I would problaby have a real live arcade made especially for me.

Yeah, with the Virtual Console and ROMs, I just don't see myself spending the money on this. I'm not saying it's not worth it, and it is impressive, but I think it's a bit outside of my niche. I love that it's available though, and there's definitely a market for retro consoles and games.

I didn't know something like that existed. Now would I buy it for $500 usd? No way. I assume it will work better then the original with the upgraded hardware. But you know, with the roms that are out there already, I think I would rather just get those and not waste the money on this piece of machinery. If I had a billion dollars then I might just buy it for the hell of it. What am I talking about? I would problaby have a real live arcade made especially for me.
I'm also struggling to see who this system is really made for. The hardcore Nintendo fans prefer the original machine which they can pick up from between $ 10 - $ 50, depending on condition and region. Perhaps there is a small segment of retro collector connoisseurs out there. But I'm guessing that this is a very tiny market but big enough to justify the existence of the Analogue Nt. Folks that don't want to keep old systems around, will likely just download the ROMs in any case.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back