Do you buy gaming gear?

Casiox

Playing
Nintendo DS
Well, I've seen many people from all around the world that love buying professional gear just to play their favorite games, most of these are games such as Dota 2, CS:GO, LoL and that sort of trendy game, however, most of those people who spend money on gear are quite bad or they're basically average players when it comes to skills and stuff, what do you think about these people? Are you one of these?

Are you referring to gamepads? I have a Steam Controller.

I have a SEGA Game Gear. I also wearing gaming T shirts daily with a Earthbound hat,NES controller Wallet,Dreamcast Watch and SEGA lanyard. The's the kind of game gear I have. If you mean these dumb looking chairs and crap. No. I have a recliner.

@graham I'm mostly talking about chairs, headsets, professional gear in general, a controller is just some average gear, nothing out of the common.

@Segata That's what I mean, seems like you're one of those that are always donning a gaming t-shirt and that sort of thing, well, you make me think that whether you're a big fan or you're just too good for the game, indeed :D

Well the short answer for me is no. That said, though, I have acquired some gear from some other people that is nice to have, but I really cannot see myself spending too much money on all the extras. I have enough trouble shelling out the sixty dollars for the games themselves, so all of that added stuff is really just unnecessary for me. When it is free, though, I will take anything I can get at that price. Good stuff, and thanks for sharing.

I usually just focus on the games then. I do have a bunch of Club Nintendo posters in storage, but generally I just want decent systems with all the games. I have to save up for a gaming PC as my laptop is that annoying mix of still perfectly useable with extremely irritating glitches and issues which make it impossible to sell it for a reasonable price.

I have never bought gaming gear in the way that you've described. I've spent a lot of money on merchandise inspired by certain video games, but I've never gone out of my way to use themed merch while playing video games. I can't imagine having a specific mouse that I use for a Dota match. That just seems silly to me.

I can't even bring myself to buy one of those "gaming keyboards." I don't see the use for them. A few of my friends own gaming equipment, such as a gaming keyboard and mouse. They claim to love them, but once again I can't see a point. I feel like my keyboard works just fine and does the same thing a gaming keyboard does, without the complications.

I usually just focus on the games then. I do have a bunch of Club Nintendo posters in storage, but generally I just want decent systems with all the games. I have to save up for a gaming PC as my laptop is that annoying mix of still perfectly useable with extremely irritating glitches and issues which make it impossible to sell it for a reasonable price.

Well, it's good to have some posters and that sort of gaming stuff, but I do not really think these could be considered as gaming gear at all.

I stick to the trusty old keyboard and mouse. I find that if the games requires a controller or something of that nature it's preferable to play it on a console.

I don't think anything bad about them, and I wouldn't just say they are bad players. I'm pretty good at racing games, and I would love to have a racing rig set up in my home. I like having the surround system, and then a racing seat and wheel. It's just something that people can do to better their gaming experience.

I buy stuff like gaming headphones, but I don't know if you would call that gear. Gaming gear is just another way to make my games more fun, and I will always buy gaming gear. DDR is no fun without the actual gaming mat. Well it's still fun, but much better when you're in the groove by bouncing around on a gaming mat.

I am not there yet, but I definitely see a lot of professional gear in my gaming future. I just want to get the best experience possible when I play my games and I really want my games to be more fun and exciting. Plus, it all looks so super-cool!

@clair02 I'ts such a good thing that you're planning it for your upcoming future, at least you have a vision on how your life is going to be like in some years. It defintiely is better than thinking of buying all kind of pro gear when you've just started to play a game.

I don't buy gaming gear that give me an edge (minus amiibos heehee). Just an extra controller (or in the case of the Switch a Pro Controller). I also have a handful of gaming t-shirts.

But as far as gear that gives people an edge, if it's a single player game...I don't care, do whatever tickles your fancy. When it comes to multiplayer competitive games, those people should be banned if found out. I just can't stand that. Some stuff you can't find out, like that laser pointer thing that puts a dot in the center of your screen so you don't have to zoom in. I just hate it when people do things to give themselves an unfair advantage at the expense of others. Why are you that much more important to diminish someone else's experience?

Yes, i have bought some FFXIV gear when i was addict to FFXIV, mostly from SSEGold, by the way, it's a good site if you need to buy game items and currency.

Last edited:
I don't buy things that are specifically branded as "gamer" unless I have to, stuff like "gaming" headsets are often a lot worse value for money compared to standard/professional alternatives (such as Sennheiser or Philips) but for mice I always go for gamer since they tend to be better depending on who you buy from (I use a logitech G703).

The only thing I really see value in spending hundreds on is headphones, but only if you can appreciate high quality audio, my K95 platinum (one of the more expensive keyboards out there) doesn't really improve my gaming experience much more than my old membrane keyboard did, as for mice, just get whatever you feel most comfortable with.

If you're going to spend £100 on a gaming headset, consider getting the £70 Philips SHP9500 and a £30 mic of your choice, it will give you a much better experience that will not break right after the warranty expires.

Don't even get me started on the (literal) back-ache that is gaming chairs.

I didn't buy gaming gear stuff. for the controller is still below standard. And I also heard that gear gives an edge when playing PC games at home

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back