Do you prefer the Wii U over any other console

As far as this gen is concerned, it's really the only one with games I'm interested, as I can get pretty much anything else on PC(until KH III and Persona 5 comes out at least)

But in terms of overall consoles? Ehhhh, it's somewhere around the middle, there's more consoles I'd take over it

Right now Wii u is my only console, and it's fun since I don't get much time to play, I just buy the titles I heavily research and know I will enjoy, I would like to have a ps4 as well as a gaming PC, but strapped for cash and the Wii u is fun for the entire family. It would be cool if call of duty had up to date titles for it, but I don't know enough as to if the console could handle it. I'm still a noob doing more research on the console itself, since originally I had only bought it for MARIO kart 8, splatoon, and super smash, but I think the next three titles I plan to purchase will keep me occupied until another Nintendo console comes out, or I buy a ps4 or wait for the ps5

The Wii U is a hard console to prefer to the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One simply as a console since it has so much less to it. You can't get movies, music, TV shows, and many media apps you can get on the other two on it. Not to mention there isn't a Blu-Ray player (or even a DVD player for that matter) but it does have a unique personality to it that the other two don't have (granted, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 both have unique personalities to them as well) and a tablet controller that definitely has its appeal.

Wii U could be great, but I have no idea how nintendo still cannot make online games. I haven't played smash in over a year because I really only like team mode and being limited to just a plain old 2 min 2 man team mode is ridiculous. They focus to much on their link dolls.
In a time where online multiplier games, in every genre imaginable are what a lot of people play.......it is pretty sad they can't figure this out......plus the games and accessories are overpriced and unnecessary complicated (think adapter for game cube controller.) I have never even been tempted to use their online store as what am I going to download, a map pack for their online games........

wow, well I'm kinda glad i have no frame of reference at this point. I also have very little envy to play online, but i will make the case for Splatoon. I thought they did a great job on a completely original idea. I have very few problems staying connected, etc. and it's just plain fun.

I think i played SSB online once just to say i did, and never thought to do it again. And yes, as much as i adore my amiibo, i found it pitiful as to the lack of what they do in Smash.

I play online with Smash a lot, but it is with Smash Ladder. If you don't know what that is, check out my blog post here. Even playing online with Smash Ladder is hard sometimes, because whenever you challenge someone, you have to add them to your Wii U friend list, connect to Nintendo Network, and host a room. It takes a few minutes sometimes just to get prepared to play with someone.

I play online with Smash a lot, but it is with Smash Ladder. If you don't know what that is, check out my blog post here. Even playing online with Smash Ladder is hard sometimes, because whenever you challenge someone, you have to add them to your Wii U friend list, connect to Nintendo Network, and host a room. It takes a few minutes sometimes just to get prepared to play with someone.

I always assumed that was good and competitive players, which is an important feature that should be in the game anyways, but that is what you do when your ready for it, and when you want a gigantic stressful headache., and as you pointed out, what a pita to go through that process
Also I just wanted to get on in a nice stock smash game and relax and have fun, not something Nintendo offers :(

That would be a nice improvement for the future games of the series lol. At least smashboards still exists to make some of that easier, they create guilds and stuff so that people can draw on large groups of experienced players.

I don't own a Wii but I played before and I must say I'd buy one if I could. Splatoon is so damn fun!

Well, Wii has always been a standout. It's mainly because you gotta play differently compared to other consoles. So, I can't really say it's better than [whatever]. It's simply very different. Anyone feels the same?

I do feel the same! It's a different concept so it's just normal people will love it but we don't really have a comparison term as there aren't any other consoles that we can play like the Wii ;) So yes, I definitely get you!

I'd go out on a limb and say it is better because of the company that comes with it. If the Wii U was put out by Sony or Xbox I can safely assume that it would have flopped, even with better technical specks. Nintendo created something different and they had the ability to back it up, which was something that some of us thought wouldn't be possible.

No, absolutely not... I'll always take my PC over any other console, and Wii U is at the far end of my "favorite console" game list. But it's fun, specially if you play with friends. I think it's not the kind of console you're supposed to use to waste hours and hours in... I like to play with my Wii U when I'm having friends over or when I take it to parties. It can be boring to play alone.

The Wii U is the best console that Nintendo as produced in a while, but that's not really saying much. At best I'd say it's more of a distraction, and something to turn to when you get bored of playing with your Playstation 4's or Xbox ONE's. I wouldn't put anybody off buying one, but at the same time I certainly wouldn't recommend that they trade in their other consoles and just buy a Wii U either.

I agree with @pwarbi, that's exactly what I was trying to say. Wii U is a great console but it's certainly not the best or the most powerful, so I'd say buying Wii U is an option if you've already gotten all the consoles you really want and have some extra money, otherwise no, it's not worth it. Even though I know we all love it, we have to admit that Nintendo isn't high end anymore.

And I think that's why I think we're all want the NX to bring Nintendo back to where they once was, top of the gaming pedestal. Maybe that's asking a little too much as like you say, they have fallen well behind Sony and Microsoft but hopefully the NX will be a worthy challenger but if not, at least a statement that Nintendo are back in the game and aren't content to just settle for a well below par third.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back