Do you think Nintendo is backing out of the competition?

Do you feel that Nintendo is getting out of the competition?

• Total voters

ChibiChan12

From
Ylisse
Website
supersmashbrosforum.freeforums.net
Playing
GameCube
Sorry if this has already been discussed before, and if it has I understand. This is has been on my mind lately, though. So, here's the question: In your opinion, do you think Nintendo is backing out of the competition against Sony's PlayStation and Microsoft's Xbox or not? When I say this, I basically mean do you think they're slowly becoming just a company for (more or less) kids and leaving PS and Xbox for the other, more mature stuff, or do you think they still intend to stay in the race, so to speak? I know we don't currently know a whole lot on what Nintendo's NX will bring, but this is just a question for all who wish to answer it. Thank you for reading and feel free to reply! I cant wait to hear what you have to say.

Thanks again,

CC12

Console market is stagnating. Nintendo is just doing what they always try to do. Create a new market for gamers. They did for NES,GameBoy,DS and Wii. NX sounds like a total return to form and changing the market how gamers play. Nintendo has not been in the same race as MS or Sony since DS. Nintendo is offering truly new ways to play. Sony and MS offering the exact same thing as their previous consoles just with more power. The games are still the same just better looking.

Yeah, kinda. Graphics mattered until the GameCube as they allowed for new ways to play, but with the Wii Nintendo stepped away from the console battle and successfully recruited new gamers with a console that wasn't much more powerful than the GameCube. It makes sense for them to try that strategy again.

I have noticed how Nintendo tends to be the different type of competitor other vs Sony and Microsoft. They do their own things, and the other competitors can't really compete with them because they come out with unique and completely different types of consoles.

The DS was a great success, vs the PSP is was still completely a different type of system.

@YoshiBoy you have a very valid point. Nintendo isn't rushing after the big boys not because it can't but because it doesn't want to. If you like how Microsft and Sony have been going at each other Nintendo just stepped aside and is going in a completely different direction. This is something that makes Nintendo unique among console manufacturers.

Console market is stagnating. Nintendo is just doing what they always try to do. Create a new market for gamers.

I agree here, and I cannot really speak to any specifics or anything like that, but it does seem like they are going a different direction than the other companies. I am not sure that I would say this is them bowing out, but like @Segata mentioned, they are doing what they do, and what all companies should do....adapt and grow and respond to the consumer. If consoles are stagnating, then I hope that they are on the cutting edge of what is to come next. Should be interesting to see where it goes, and thanks for sharing.

I feel like we need concrete details on the NX before I can give an opinion. It really depends on what the NX is.

Probably they might aim back for casual gamers again. I heard that their buttons are also detachable. This may open up as a selling point for the NX, customization. I am predicting that 3rd party developers will also have additional set ups for the customization of the controller to add an endless amount of new styles of gameplay and comfort, this may save Nintendo from their death

I see, thank you all for the responses. :) I didn't expect this many replies, but I'm happy that I got so many. I pretty much agree with all of you. I believe Nintendo is doing about what they usually do: Bringing new and unique ideas and inventions to the market to separate themselves from their competitors. I'm sure the NX will be a good system, and they're probably working pretty hard to make sure its a success. Also, I voted "No." Thanks again and I'm happy to have heard what you had to say. ^_^

Probably they might aim back for casual gamers again. I heard that their buttons are also detachable. This may open up as a selling point for the NX, customization. I am predicting that 3rd party developers will also have additional set ups for the customization of the controller to add an endless amount of new styles of gameplay and comfort, this may save Nintendo from their death
I don't know if I would be comfortable with that sort of set up, too often these sort of buttons fall off with out you knowing and when it comes time to play you can't. I personally hope they don't.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back