Does the DS create a link for GBA games?

SpreadTheBlood

Playing
GameCube
Hi all, just got a DS (talk about late to the party haha :p ) I was wondering if the DS emulated the linking system in GBA games such as pokemon. I realize there isn't a link port on it and wondered if it would just emulate it using the built in wireless system.

I'm asking about the games that support linking via cable mostly...though if someone knows if it works with the ones that support the wireless adapter that's good to know too.

Thanks

-SpreadTheBlood

As cool as that would be it's too much unnecessary work for Nintendo to do that as the GBA games obviously weren't designed to be able to do that. It'd definitely have been cool to play Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald multiplayer with DS' though lol.

As cool as that would be it's too much unnecessary work for Nintendo to do that as the GBA games obviously weren't designed to be able to do that. It'd definitely have been cool to play Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald multiplayer with DS' though lol.

It would bring back so many amazingly nostalgic memories too! I still remember connecting my friends Gameboy to mine through a link cable so we would be able to battle our Pokemon... Old times. :)

It would have been a real novelty to have been able to do that with the DS, shame they haven't implemented something like that.

Still have to use a cable but it would be awesome if it did work.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back