Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Esperahol

I don't actually like Donkey Kong really, but this game seems like it's enough to change a person's mind. Platforming across giant leaves held up by air blasts timed to the background music? Rail gaming that involves obstacles being carved out just ahead of you? Dashing through a forest fire? Who wouldn't love such a game? Besides which I haven't had nearly enough platforming lately. You'll see old and new partners including Dixie Kong and Cranky Kong as well as Diddy Kong. And they have co-op (apparently spotty co-op), but I miss co-op enough not to actually care how spotty it might be. Thoughts?

after reading "Nintendo is dead" articles on yahoo every day the last 3 months, i admit i was ecstatic to see a great review for DKC on Fox News.com of all places.

BOUT TIME!

It IS interesting how co-op has taken a back seat with the last few platforms. I've found-especially when playing alongside kids-there is a lot of interest in being on the same team achieving the same goals. It looks good. However, I think Nintendo knows they need a system launch. Something left field that surprises everyone. I'm waiting on that one.

Gamespot gave it a horrible review, but almost every other publication liked it. I'm not a fan of Retro Studios, but then again I was never a fan of Rare (the original Donkey Kong Country creator) either. Maybe the franchise is at home with the new guys.

I really, really miss co-op. I miss having guys over to game with you versus a bunch of like strangers on multiplayer running the same mission a million times. I don't like multiplayer because it's just so... pointless in nature to me. So I am okay with giving a chance to pretty much anything that happens to have co-op.

crunchyg said:
Gamespot gave it a horrible review, but almost every other publication liked it.
Color me surprised (note: sarcasm). Gamespot never seems to give games good reviews anymore unless they are EA shooters or Bioware titles. I'm interested in this game just because you can play as Cranky Kong.

Latest threads

Back