Dreamcast and it being ahead of it's time

jbeavis100

From
California
Playing
3DS
The dreamcast is probably one of the my favorite things I've gotten for my collection and I really gotta say it was super ahead of time. Online play, downloadable content, downloadable games, mmorpg's

I love this thing

What about you guys?

Do you guys have one?

I must admit, I never bought one back in the day as I didn't have enough money back then, but I do remember thinking that it was amazing, the technology behind it just so different to what we were currently getting...which I think was part of why it was destined to fail.

It was offering multiplayer over the internet when most of us were still struggling with dial up. Because it was so different in other regards, such as the...GMU? I think that's the name of the little tamagotchi like device, it took more time and knowledge to develop with this aspects in mind. It was something entirely new, and no one knew how to use them properly.

I still have on somewhere. When I purchased the Dreamcast, it was pretty well ahead of the PS2. The Dreamcast games were better-even graphically. Sony eventually overtook the Sega, but I really enjoyed the Dreamcast.

I must admit, I never bought one back in the day as I didn't have enough money back then, but I do remember thinking that it was amazing, the technology behind it just so different to what we were currently getting...which I think was part of why it was destined to fail.

It was offering multiplayer over the internet when most of us were still struggling with dial up. Because it was so different in other regards, such as the...GMU? I think that's the name of the little tamagotchi like device, it took more time and knowledge to develop with this aspects in mind. It was something entirely new, and no one knew how to use them properly.

VMU, and the dreamcast is pretty much solely responsible for the success of the original xbox from controller design, to exclusives.

VMU, and the dreamcast is pretty much solely responsible for the success of the original xbox from controller design, to exclusives.
Really? How so?

The Dreamcast is a great console, it was launched with plenty of solid games. It's definitely a collector's machine as some titles are much sought after by enthusiasts. I still think the Sega Saturn was slightly better and definitely more underrated. Even the Dreamcast's gamepad is an evolution on the Saturn's analog controller. Nevertheless, it's a system that's worth owning.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back