Dual Heroes and Deadly Arts

lindbergh

From
Law Office
Playing
Nintendo DS
Versus games weren't the N64's strongest suit. But despite that, it was still able to release a couple of great games in this genre namely Smash Bros and Fighter's Destiny. Aside from those two, I can't think of any other great fighting game on the N64.

As for the worst? Hmm, I think we have Dual Heroes and Deadly Arts. These two games are bad. They are the benchmark for fighting games that should be avoided. First off, the characters are just plain boring. Second, the moves are nothing special. Third, controls are unresponsive. Fourth, graphics look bad. Anything else you'd like to add about these two games?

I never bothered to play Dual Heroes or Deadly Arts. So, when I think "terrible N64 fighting games", I immediately think of War Gods. Midway's War Gods was like the pinnacle of N64 fighting game terribleness. Well, unless you count Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero. That game was pretty terrible too. Clayfighter 63 1/3 wasn't a 'great' game by any means either.

So yeah.. I'll name those three...

War Gods
Mortal Kombat Mythologies (even tho it's like a half fighting game half adventure game)
Clayfighter 63 1/3 (I guess they watched Naked Gun, Naked Gun 2 1/2, and Naked 33 1/3, and decided, 'hey, let's do that for our game')

Latest threads

Back