Essential Wii games

my wife and I put well over 100 hours into Fortune Street. This is one game that we need more of. any fan of Monopoly should look this up. the strategy involved is insane. its been a hit in Japan for years, but one finally made it over here and by luck i stumbled upon it. THANKYOUNINTENDOPOWER!!

One game that I always wanted to get but for some reason I never went and got it has to be Super Mario Galaxy. I had the chance to play this game at a friends house and that game was the most fun that I had. I just like how the concept remains with the feel of a Mario game, but still gives you the feel of a totally new game.

I am really surprised that not many people have mentioned Wii Sports. It may not be the prettiest game but it is perfect for get together with family. It is a true Wii classic and should not be passed up by any true lovers of the console.

Mario Kart Wii was a fun game that should be added to the list. (I would recommend you get Mario Galaxy, if you don't feel like grinding to get all stars to get Rosalina.)
My aunt enjoyed playing Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, she wouldn't stop raving about it. (She stopped part of Skyward Sword, however because she's not a fan of sneaking.)
Resident Evil 4 and Darkside Chronicles are amazing! The controls feel better on there and I SWEAR, the enemies are smarter on the Wii. DC is the re-telling of previous RE games from the 90's, with added mechanics and changes to the story.

Wii sports is good but to me it is really easy to get bored with after you have played it for a while and that is why I do not like it so much.

Wii Sports is an essential Wii title. I really love how you can just go hours on Wii Bowling and Wii Tennis. I don't think I played any game on the Wii as much as Wii Sports.

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Mario Cart
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

You know I went out and I bought the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and the game has never worked in my console because it kept on telling me something about my location and I never had the chance to play the game you would believe that I was really disappointed by the fact and I was never able to even return the game. I think though that it was a really good game from the videos that I have watched with it that were on YouTube.

Super Marios Bros is a must. If you are a fan of sports games, then I recommend NCAA Football 09 All Play (if you have children especially). The 2K baseball games a good also, but only if you are a sports fan. The 2K11 version of the game allows you to play as Hall-of-Famers and allows you to unlock historic fields like Ebbetts Field and Sportsman's Park. If you are a baseball fan anyway, this game is a must-play.

Zelda games, I honestly like Twilight Princess better than Skyward Sword. If you're more into the J-RPG games like Final Fantasy and you hate the XIII games, then try The Last Story, it's a great game. Other than that, there are a few horror games that only exist on Wii, I would recommend Fatal Frame 4 and everything else mentioned on this thread.

Xenoblade Chronicles is hands down the absolute best Wii game you could get. It is such a superb RPG game in every aspect, and the soundtrack will never leave your head after you've played it once. I'd also suggest both Super Mario Galaxy games, since those were top-notch as well. Donkey Kong Country Returns is also a great game to pick up, but if you already own a Nintendo 3DS I'd suggest buying the 3DS version, since it's the same game with some nice 3D being added.

Zeldas (Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword) as well as their older ones. The WII Sports Disk. Any other older game they let you snag through the marketplace too, from their older Nintendo Systems. Xenoblade indeed.

I do not want to be a copier here but I have to agree the Zelda series was by far my favorite. A couple more essentials are Mario Party and Super Mario Bros.

Another overlooked Zelda game people do not really mention is Link's Crossbow Training. it was actually a lot of fun, I spent hours playing it. :p

do not know if anywhere has said these
if you like sports

wii sports
Wii Play
Wii Play Motion
Wii Sports Resort
Go Vacation
Some one already said (wii Music)
Wii Fit
And at least one Just dance

You like adventure type
Animal Crossing
Harvest Moon
There is a lot to do in these games

These games are popular
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy (1 or 2)
Legend of Zelda (which ever one you prefer)

if you like board type games
Mario party 9 (or 8 ) 9 was just the one people happen to like with me
wheel of fortune
fortune street
Pac-man party
Monopoly

There are other titles that are popular
like xenoblade
final fantasy
donkey Kong
Sonic colors (or any sonic)
Mario Kart is really fun ( there is other Mario and sonic titles i for get now)

I forget a dozen popular titles or trailers that looked fun
any thing by ubisoft looks great
I would snuggest do the normal stuff to see if you like a game

In no particular order, my 10 essential Wii games would be the following:

Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Okami
Fire Emblem - Radiant Dawn
The Last Story
Super Paper Mario
Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Wario Ware - Smooth Moves
Kirby's Return to Dreamland

There are plenty of other great games but those are the one's that I've spent the most time playing. I'm sure later I'll go back and think, oh wait, I should have put THIS game on the list which always happens. :D

The Wii had some of the very best games of the previous generation. Plenty of naysayers out there that would have us believe otherwise. In some ways, the Wii completely destroy both the Xbox 360 and PS3 in terms of game quality and diversity. I've figured that those dismissing the Wii tend to be hardcore FPS gamers who can't see beyond this severely limited genre. I've yet to come across an FPS game in recent years that I can even consider innovative.

Here's a list of essential Wii games the naysayers missed out on:

• Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
  • Legend of Zelda : The Twilight Princess
  • Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword
  • Sin & Punishment 2 (one of the best games of all time)
  • No More Heroes 1 & 2
  • MadWorld
  • Xenoblade
  • Metroid Trilogy
  • Metroid Other M (it's actually quite good, play through it twice to appreciate it's brilliance)
  • Klonoa
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • Tatunoko vs Capcom
  • Tenchu 4 : Shadow Assassins
  • Sakura Wars So Long, My Love (great little strategy rpg that few people heard about)

Any gamer worth their salt should play at least half of those games I've mentioned. They'll see that the Wii is a worthwhile console before dismissing it.

I think that the best games you can get for the Wii are the sport ones. They are the best games that I have found on the Wii. I'm not a huge fan on the Mario games, so those might be another game to look into if you like those kind of games. I think that the sport ones are so much fun though. When I got my first Wii, it came with a sports game, so you might not even have to buy sports games. The best ones on there though is the tennis. I used to get really into that game when I would play that with my friends.

super paper mario for the wii i'd say

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back