Favorite Game Boy game

I think that we'd all like to be proven wrong, and that's why Nintendo have continued to sell a relatively large amount of consoles and games because we're willing to give them another go. We're all on this forum because we are now, or have been massive fans of Nintendo but even we have to acknowledge that the company hasn't been making life easy for us to defend with some of the consoles it's brought out recently.

Hopefully the Nintendo NX will be a different story and it will propel the company on to the same level as Sony and Microsoft. Well, we can live in hope anyway!

Well I have to think back to a couple of years ago, and by that I mean maybe twenty years, but I do know that the Kirby game was certainly one of them. I am not going to remember any titles so I apologize for that. I also remember a Yoshi game where you had to match the dropping eggs, and it was kind of like Tetris, which was another favorite. I would say that Kirby one though, I spent a lot of time on that.

When you go back in time, so to speak, while there is probably a lot of titles that we all enjoyed playing, The gaming market did tend to be dominated by just a few certain games, and the rest were just poor copies. You mentioned Tetris as I have done in the past, and looking back, Tetris came out and was a great game but then a lot of other games came out that copied the format and all of a sudden we had like 10 different version of Tetris that was different in name only!

Super Mario, Pokemon, Tetris, Donkey Kong... the list goes on. Although if I really have to choose one, then it's going to have to be super mario. I love that game and I'll play it when I'm 80 if I can.

The longevity of a game is important, and like you say @NormaD if you are still wanting to play a game at 80 years of age then for you then there's no doubt that Super Mario ticks that box. The original Gameboy no doubt had a lot of titles released that have gone on to become worldwide phenomenon's and the fact we're still talking about them now, so many years after they was first released is only proof of that.

My favorite title for the GB was LoZ: Link's Awakening. I remember my brother giving me the cartridge and I had absolutely no clue what to do, but it was so fun trying to figure it all out for myself. I still had the cartridge until a few years ago, and then my ex (who also creates games and is a big Nintendo nerd) stole it >.>
I liked it a lot more than Pokemon, too. :))

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back