Favorite Game Boy game

Sizzle

My favorite game had to be Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow, hands down. I spent a huge part of my childhood playing Pokemon games on my Game Boy.
I remember there were always so many glitches in the game, like for example Missingno and the item dupe, which allowed me to get all my Pokemon to level 100.
What was your favorite Game Boy game?

My favorite Pokemon game would be all the Pokemon games! I basically had all Pokemon games plus a couple of Mario games. I would remember I spend so much time on Pokemon red trying to beat the game! Also on Pokemon Emerald with the battle fronteir. I never manage to beat the game but I had lots of fun trying. The memories all come back to me now. Wish I could relive the memory like I had long time ago.

Jacob said:
Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2
I think that was after GB/GBC :)

I have many favorites, but one of them is Mario Tennis! It was so bizarre to me that they could make an RPG out of a tennis game and put Mario in it. Really engaging gameplay, loved that game.

My favorite was the original Pokemon, I spent soooooooooo many hours playing that game. It was my childhood, it was amazing.

The Pokemon games and Tetris were always fun, but I think that Paperboy doesn't get enough credit. It's really fun.

I really liked Donkey Kong, it was a great revisit to the Arcade version. Giving mario flips, special jumps, the ability to throw things, puzzles; it was just an amazing game for the gameboy. If I revisit any GB/GBA game, it is always either Donkey Kong or Mario Land 2. I cannot tell you how many times I beat those games...

I forgot about Donkey Kong for the GB,, it was really fun, and I still have it in my GB case, I might just go back and play it :)

Favorite Gameboy game, huh... Well, I'll leave out Gameboy Color games then.. So, my favorites would be..

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Metroid 2: Return of Samus
Tetris
Super Mario Land
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan

Those were the 5 that I played the most, out of the games that I had. I didn't have a huge library of games for the Gameboy. I was dependent upon either my parents buying me new games, or, borrowing games from friends. But these were the ones that I owned that I played the most. I had probably 20 Gameboy games in total, that I owned. But my friends had different games too, and we would borrow each others games here and there.

Link's Awakening ans Super Mario Land have some of my favorite ending music. I liked Tetris's music too. But I would beat Link's Awakening and Super Mario Land, just for the music. I once put brand new batteries into Super Mario Land, beat the game, and just let it sit and play the music, nonstop, until the batteries died, as I did my homework to the music.

Super Mario Land Ending Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu7qb5ETYcY&feature=player_detailpage

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Ending Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtGrBQuNy8s&feature=player_detailpage

I enjoyed everything about the Mega Man series. I thought that was perfect for the console. Mega Man V was particularly good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW000uogNkc

I only played 5 or 6 games on the gameboy.
My favorite was MegaMan, it was really an awesome game.

I also liked Mortal Kombat :)

Oh my, can't believe I forgot to mention my all-time favorite game on the Gameboy - Darkwing Duck!!! :eek:

I loved that game!!!

I would say Pokemon Yellow is one of my favorite games for Gameboy. I remember I used to stay up late at night playing Pokemon Yellow, which I ended up finishing the game in one week. I like the gameplay and really enjoyed the way it battled against other Pokemon. I played the game twice, and liked it more the second time I played.

averus said:
Oh my, can't believe I forgot to mention my all-time favorite game on the Gameboy - Darkwing Duck!!! :eek:

I loved that game!!!
Let's...get...DANGEROUS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sFrvTMAKXBA
I completely forgot about that one! There were a few times when Disney surprised me with their games. NES had a lot of great Disney games as well as SNES. Gameboy held on to that trend for a minute or two.

I have one of the Gameboy Advance's, but I have never used for anything other than a 'tingle tuner' for Wind Waker. I have no idea what the game cartriges look like. ( My nephew gave it to me to use as a 'tingle tuner' for WindWaker.) I assume there is a Zelda game for it?

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. I love that game a ton and still play it. Unfortunately the battery in the cartridge is old and it doesn't save when I turn my GBA off so I have to start over and beat it all in one go every time.

My top five favourite Game Boy games are:

1) The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

2) Wario Land

3) Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

4) Metroid II: The Return of Samus

5) Bomberman II

Oddly enough, four sequels and a spin-off! (Sequels seem to work out better for video games than for film franchises!)

JoanMcWench said:
Let's...get...DANGEROUS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sFrvTMAKXBA
I completely forgot about that one! There were a few times when Disney surprised me with their games. NES had a lot of great Disney games as well as SNES. Gameboy held on to that trend for a minute or two.
That youtube clip brings back so many memories... I really loved that game, couldn't get enough of it :D
It's the only game besides Mario Bros which I've continued playing even after I beat it :D

Easily Pokemon Blue and Yellow. Those were pretty much the only Game Boy games I ever played despite me owning a few other titles. I also really liked Pokemon Pinball on the Game Boy, but that's also a Pokemon game lol.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back