Favorite Mario Party character and worst mini game

steeleda

Playing
Nintendo 64
Growing up I certainly enjoyed playing all the Mario games. I've had every Nintendo system since the the Super Nintendo and spent hours of my childhood battling paratroopers and goombas and learning how to make Mario swim without dying. When I got the 64 for Christmas way back in the day, I also got Mario Party and that brought on a whole new love for the game. I could play with my friends who sucked at the other Mario games (I don't play Mario on the Wii with anyone because you can't take turns and it is super frustrating when your friend keeps getting killed) and now we were all on even ground.

My all time favorite thing to do was get a Yoshi. They made my life so much easier because he would just eat all the things that were trying to kill me. This ultimately led me to being Yoshi every time I played Mario Party. I couldn't even play if someone else was Yoshi. He is my Mario Party man and the only character I will ever play.

The worst mini game would be those that required you to drive. I was never very good at Mario cart and all of those games that required you to race around the track I was hopeless at. I usually just sped around in circles and let everyone else beat me. It was pretty pathetic and still is considering I still can't seem to drive around the track.

So my question is what is your favorite character to play and what is the worst mini game to play?

Waluigi, he's so funny to me and they never do anything with him

as for worst mini game, any of the ones that require dumb luck. i like to use some strategy

are you pumped for Mario Party 10? i am

I am always pumped for a new Mario Party. I'm such a sucker for those games. I always play as Yoshi but I usually put Waluigi as one of the computer players. He usually doesn't do to much and even on easy doesn't try to beat me. I never play with Peach or Daisy. I hate those girls. They always seem so stuck up and sometimes they win even on easy. I really can't stand them and it annoys me when my friends decide they need to be one of them. Ugh.

I hate the games that require dumb luck as well. It is super annoying when you have to guess to win.

My favorite Character in the Mario Party series has to be of course Mario. I thin that the mini games that I hate the most are the ones that you actually have to sit down and think for. I just like mini games that have you doing something, but the ones that have you sitting down and thinking are the ones that I really do not like to play so much

the only good thing about dumb luck mini games is that i guess it gives the younger player a chance. sucks when you play by yourself though

That god awful game where you spin the eyeballs. I can't remember the name of it to save my life, but we all carry the wounds of daring to play that game of death.

8DUuj.jpeg

I always play as Waluigi in Mario Party :D
He's definitely my favorite MP character.

The one character I hate the most is Daisy, because she stole 12 stars from me in the last turn of the game (in MP3), and since then I consider her my greatest enemy! :D

The worst mini game would be that goddamn Merry-go-chomp. I hate "lucky" wins.

I always played as Boo for Mario Party games. The worst Mario Party mini-game, well for me at least, was Light Breeze. I could never move my fingers fast enough to win the game.

I hate Daisy more than Peach on any day. I don't know how they manage to steal stars and win even on computer mode but they do. I never play with Boo or Toad for the same reasons but they aren't quite as bad as Daisy and Peach.
I can't remember which MP game it was or what the mini game was called but it was for the 64 and you had to spin the joystick and collect coins faster than the other players. We all had battle wounds from that game.
There is also a game for the Wii and I can't remember what it is but you cut ropes with giant scissors and hope you don't get flung off the platform. There is no skill involved, it is all dumb luck, and I hate it.

Honestly, I think Nintendo continues to release Mario Party to see how far they can push us before we snap. It's like a mass psychological experiment that they're doing. How far are we willing to go in terms of anger and stress before we murder our friends over a video game?

I completely agree. I have had a few late night MP battles going on with my friends and it gets pretty serious. We are all fighting to win and fighting to mess each other up it is ridiculous. The fights we get into are way worse now that we are all adults than it ever got while I was a kids. I mean we were competitive but nothing like it is now.

I completely agree. I have had a few late night MP battles going on with my friends and it gets pretty serious. We are all fighting to win and fighting to mess each other up it is ridiculous. The fights we get into are way worse now that we are all adults than it ever got while I was a kids. I mean we were competitive but nothing like it is now.
It's like Monopoly. You start off with the best of intentions, just trying to have some fun with your friends and family, and next thing you know you've broken up with your girlfriend of six years, your father has disowned you and the dog has moved out, swearing never to return.

Waluigi is my fave. He's just really unique and overall awesome. My least favorite ones are the spinning ones because they wear down my controllers.

Yoshi's probably my favourite, although sometimes I'll play Luigi, just to hear the poor fellow's reactions. But I don't really mind what character I play.

As for the worst mini-game... that's a tough one. I don't remember any of them being completely incapable of eliciting a few laughs, but there were some pretty silly ones. The shake-the-can-really-fast springs to mind, which never fails to produce a dirty wink or two from my immature friends as they shake their wii remotes up and down, but it was still fun.

Oh that game was so awkward. Everyone is trying really hard to be serious but the moves involved is just ridiculous for that mini-game. No one plays that game without some teasing that is for sure. Luckily, I don't think that game comes up very often, I mean, this is a serious game right?

Latest threads

Back