Favorite NES game?

Shane

From
Illinois
I played a real treat on my original Wii Virtual Console, called Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II. Never played the first. If you can find a way of playing this game, I might recommend it. For a NES game, I would rate it 9/10 or higher.

Zoda's Revenge:

zodas-revenge-startropics-ii-20090102111736303.jpg

I almost want to choose it instead of obvious answers like Mario 1 and the original Zelda, but these three games are a tossup on what I'd pick.

An interesting, unconventional choice. I love the original Star Tropics, but its sequel Zoda's Revenge just didn't do it for me for some reason. I guess it just missed that certain je ne sais quoi for me that I felt the original had.

As for my own personal all-time favourite NES game: I already noted that it was Crystalis in a similar thread.

I would leave that up to the moderators to decide. Semantically, it's not quite a duplicated thread as there is a tangible difference between the best games and one's favourite game. I.e. I'm sure that there are plenty of people who would state "It's not the best game, but it's my favourite!" when describing their personal favourite game.

Makes sense to me!

So aboleth, just wondering... how did you feel when you first played the original Zelda? Or did you play it so late it had lost its meaning?

I'm not too sure I got to play it very close to launch, but it was still a special game when I played it. I was still used to simple games from the PC. I had a 66MHz computer with 256 colors.

Edit: Wow, the game appears to have come out before I was born. Just checked.

I didn't actually play the original NES Legend of Zelda games for myself until adulthood. My adventures with Link during adolescence began with the Game Boy's Link's Awakening and the SNES' A Link to the Past.

I appreciate the original Legend of Zelda, Link's Awakening, and A Link to the Past to the same extent that most people do: unquestionable classics that absolutely live up to their hype! (I don't think that not playing the NES originals until adulthood affects that opinion all that much.)

Conversely, in my opinion people are much too harsh on Zelda II: The Adventure of Link--I actually consider it to also be a great game and a classic! It just deviates from the classic formula more than the others, which immediately turns people off!

I will have to play II. When I was a kid, a family member told me not to play it, saying it was terrible and a waste of money. I being a kid and not understanding that the opinion of a family member isn't necessarily fact, I listened and didn't play it.

Mine was kirby's adventure. It was such a great nes game and I cherish it in the bottom of my heart. This game got me to fall in love with Kirby and follow up on his new games. Planet Robobot is coming out ^^

My favorite game was always The Legend of Zelda. I even downloaded it onto the Wii. I also loved the Mario Bros. series, Mappy and Burgertime. We have 2 of the original NES consoles and my husband has been teaching my daughter to play Mario Bros. 3. She loves te frog suit and get mad when he gets hit and loses it.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back