jbeavis100

From
California
Playing
3DS
Does anyone here play Final Fantasy XI?

I'm tokitaki on Odin!

xlcDVfC.jpg

I was tempted to play when it first came out, but elected not to. Didn't you have to play online? All games should have an offline option in my opinion. Final Fantasy games always had a great story, and I was never quite sure that Square could port that concept successfully to a MMO game. How do you think they did Beavis?

They actually did fantastic. It plays alot like the SNES Final Fantasy but with an online component really. Mind you, you can't get very far without the support of friends. It has a fantastic story.. (atleast so far) I've only been playing 3 months or so but I absolutely adore it.

If it has a good story, I would be willing to give it a try. Final Fantasy games have always been centered around a good story; and to me; an FF game without a story, is like having a gun with no bullets.

Oh yeah it has a great story and the journey getting there is one you will NEVER forget because you make countless friends :)

I have never been much for making online friends, but the concept of game socialization is a good one. Final Fantasy holds a special place in my heart; and until now, I was afraid to harm that legacy with a sub standard story. Turns out my preconceived notions about FF11 were false, and I must now try and play!

Yeah, that's the big misconception with FFXI. Everyone looks at it at face value and doens't look at it as a FF game and it's really great and really does hold up to the rest of the series. I don't have anything nice to say about FFXIV though.

Top be honest with you, I thought it was a World of Warcaft style game. I tired WoW once, and didn't see the big deal. It's simply another hack and slash game.

FFXIV feels like wow yeah. It's why I won't upgrade to it from XI. XI plays like a proper oldschool FF with menu's and semi-turn based and such. Whereas XIV plays like wow with the action bar and crap.

Is FFXI still active?
I thought they canceled it because of XIV coming out :huh:

I always wanted to play the FF MMO, but, in all honesty, F2P option is getting more and more popular, and yet SE keeps charging players for their MMOs.

Latest threads

Back