Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Lightning_Ninja

Playing
3DS XL

Remake of fire emblem gaiden, the second game in the series. It comes out May 19 in the west, which is way sooner than I expected. They will also release amiibo for Alm and Celica at the same time, which I will try to get.

Based on the name, I take it they plan on remaking more FE's. Sounds good to me. They still need to bring New Mystery of the Emblem west though, but I'll take what I can get.

I'm liking the character designs. I much prefer what we've seen so far compared to fates style.

Now I just have to hope that they don't add an avatar and children for no reason. I don't want them to bend an old game over to force children into it. They can wait until they remake Genealogy.

iv only played fire emblem fates conquest. finished it but only on easy. i did start on hard but couldnt do it. i still need birthright as well. feel like im still happy playing fire emblem fates and this is coming out already. suppose its a remake so its ok and its my fault for not gaming enough. if only i didnt have to go to work . this does look sweet though and hopefully i will get it :)

While we are on the subject of Fire Emblem games... how does Awakening compare to Fates?

@Shane

It certainly isn't as good as fates. It does do some things better, but on the whole and especially in regards to the core gameplay, fates is better in almost every respect. The things it does better are typically either not super important, or subjective to taste. If you enjoyed fates, and aren't some crotchety old FE veteran like me, you'll have little issue with awakening.

I've yet to touch this as I'm afraid I'll either love it & won't put it down or as an fan of the older Fire Emblem titles, I'll come to hate it. T-T

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back