Fitness

RetroZoid

Playing
Super NES
So the WII got us moving more.

Did anyone notice and obvious improvement in their fitness or weight from using the WII?

Which games really got your heart up and a sweat on?

I have both the WiiFit and other fitness and sport-related games and I have to say that it doesn't do much for me at all. When I do put the time and effort into the games, I can get my heart rate up and sweat, but it truly doesn't keep me as motivated as it should.

But if you're also referring to the "Dance" games, then yes! Those are very motivating to me and I don't realize that I'm actually exercising for long periods of time. But even so, I wish Nintendo would have incorporated DDR into their games (in some way). When I played it on PS2, it was so much fun.

I found it didn't really motivate me to exercise more, but now that I'm starting to focus on my health more I can see it as being a great tool to track my progress and plan routines.

@grahamf that reminds me, did you ever use the board acessory that would track your balance and weigh you?

Did it do anything else?

I imagine it would work well with the gamepads, picks up even more movements for some games. Just not sure how accurate it was with tracking the position of your body

well i used to get up early every morning and do the yoga stretches. i really liked them and learned a lot. some things the balance board did very, some not so much. Lets face it, the running in place sucked. having to hold the wiimote and it constantly telling me to slow down or speed up?

i never got the wii fit plus (wii u), instead i joined a gym. But i think Nintendo was really close to having something great with this idea. I enjoyed wii fit, just not enough to get the upgrade. I would have liked to check it out

Wii Fit U made me go from left to right:

Mario-and-Wario.jpg

@dustinb12 if it got you interested in the gym, then it has done good :)

@Shane I'd prefer to be the naughty rebel on the left than the dude that hangs around with his brother all the time and is in peaches friendzone :p

@grahamf that reminds me, did you ever use the board acessory that would track your balance and weigh you?

Did it do anything else?

I imagine it would work well with the gamepads, picks up even more movements for some games. Just not sure how accurate it was with tracking the position of your body
The Board accessory is core to the original Wii Fit and Wii Fit plus. It has several exercises that rely on the board (such as virtual hula hoops and yoga), but I am unsure if it's a balanced set of exercises that cover a full body workout.

Well I have to be honest I thought that I would use the Wii Fitness a lot more than I ended up using it. I had these grand plans of getting in shape because this would finally make it fun to do so. Well, as we all know, those things tend to not work out as well as planned, and that is exactly what happened here. I am betting I am not the only one though. Thanks for sharing.

I like Wii sports a lot, I play tennis with my little nephew. IT doesn't make my weight change over time, I'm already active in the gym so the Wii wouldn't make any noticeable changes to my body.

I do work up a sweat if I'm playing for more than 15 minutes which is all the time. I never thought that paying tennis on a Wii would feel really good, but it does and that's why I play it a lot when I can.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back