GameCube with full sized DVD

SirJoe

I saw this video on YouTube and I don't know if it's real or not. It's about a GameCube with a full sized DVD. Did Nintendo also launch a GameBoys for regular DVDs?

Gameboy? I think that's a typo.

I don't think Nintendo ever made a GameCube with a full sized drive. I'm more likely to believe that it's one of those mods with the third-party shell.

That's probably an adapted version, I do not really think that the GameCube's lens can read a DVD, that's kind of imposible, I guess.

iirc it can, just not the whole DVD.

Gameboy? I think that's a typo.

I don't think Nintendo ever made a GameCube with a full sized drive. I'm more likely to believe that it's one of those mods with the third-party shell.
Pannasonic Q
62F2DM9.jpg

Also Gamecube used DVD mini discs on the standard console if the drive wa sbigger l

Gamecube wasn't made by Nintendo either,it was made by Foxxconn. So you really have no point. Seems more like you actually meant released. Well there it is.Topic is a full sized DVD drive Gamecube and the Q is the only official one made. Pannasonic has supplied Nintendo with the disc drive in every Nintendo disc based console.

I will also add to the OP this is clearly a mod. Gamecube used DVD tech and if the drive was larger could play DVD movies. The Physical size is all that prevented it. It's kinda like how NES and SNES could play import games but physical changes made it so you could not. (tho SNES just remove the 2 tabs)

Last edited:
Here. You can just buy pre made custom GCN cases.
2mEHMfP.jpg

Zttp1hZ.jpg

You can by case mods for really an console. Like I said before only the size kept the GCN from playing DVDs so the hardware is no different inside. Guy in the video is full of BS it's not rare at all. He just took the Viper lid and replaced the logo with a official one and those things pop out easy.

Gamecube wasn't made by Nintendo either,it was made by Foxxconn. So you really have no point. Seems more like you actually meant released. Well there it is.Topic is a full sized DVD drive Gamecube and the Q is the only official one made. Pannasonic has supplied Nintendo with the disc drive in every Nintendo disc based console.

I will also add to the OP this is clearly a mod. Gamecube used DVD tech and if the drive was larger could play DVD movies. The Physical size is all that prevented it. It's kinda like how NES and SNES could play import games but physical changes made it so you could not. (tho SNES just remove the 2 tabs)
The Nintendo GameCube was designed and released by Nintendo and is labelled as a Nintendo product. The Panasonic Q was not. There is no reason to resort to pedantics.

Whatever. It's still the only full sized DVD player in a Gamecube which Nintendo at the very least approved. The one in the video is not something rare/ unique. Just a custom case anyone can buy. OP's question is answered.

Here. You can just buy pre made custom GCN cases.
2mEHMfP.jpg

Zttp1hZ.jpg

You can by case mods for really an console. Like I said before only the size kept the GCN from playing DVDs so the hardware is no different inside. Guy in the video is full of BS it's not rare at all. He just took the Viper lid and replaced the logo with a official one and those things pop out easy.
Humm looks like this guy bought himself an adulterated GameCube. lol
I hope he didn't pay too much for it. Honestly if you find something that is too good to be true and you want to buy it, do the research first. It will at least give you a bargaining chip.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back