Games Should Not Cost $60 Anymore

Copen-08

Playing
Switch
I wanted to share this video with you all.

I for one am happy that Nintendo figured out how badly they fucked up with Breath of the Wild, and put them selves back in a good direction with Mario Odyssey.

How did Nintendo mess up with BoTW?

Sterling is right. If they raised the base price of video games from 60 to 80 dollars they'd keep the microtransactions and nothing would change except that we'd be paying more up front.

Many people say they should just make the game 80 dollars instead of 60 dollars plus a 20 dollar season pass. I disagree with that too because option B means that you're paying extra for content you might not care about where as with option A you have the choice. I rarely buy DLC and am typically satisfied with the base games in my instances.

im a young Switch owner with the Odyssey pack-in and here's my dilemma: im dying to get something like Snipperclips or Monopoly so the whole family can play. 60$ for a game, or 60$ for more remotes? All hobbies are expensive to start though. And yes, Hyrule Warriors (wii u) is my example. $60 for the game, another 20 for dlc, 100 hours playtime. And now a new new one for the Switch.

I haven't paid for a $60 game in probably 15 years. I never buy a game new as I don't find any game worth that price, I either wait for it to come down or just skip it altogether.

I've gotten a hard time in the past about video games. People my age or older a lot of the time think it's a waste of time and money. But this is my hobby. I used to fish, snowmobile, motorcycle, play tons of sports, but now that I have a family I don't have the time to go on weekend fishing trips, etc. So for me, gaming is a good hobby because I can play in the evening for a couple of hours when everyone goes to bed. Where as though other hobbies I mentioned take much more of a commitment.

My point is that $60 for a "good" game is worth it to me for the hours and hours that I get out of it. Even when you add up all of the hardware, it is still much cheaper than those other hobbies. I don't have a boat/snowmobile/motorcycle payment anymore which can be hundreds of dollars a month. I bought BoTW in November and the DLC just recently and I'm still playing that game. $80 that lasts me several months of play compared to several hundred dollars a month for hobbies that I would be limited to do because of my circumstances? No brainer for me.

With that said, there are some games that I don't feel are worth $60. But to someone else, they may be.

Sterling is right. If they raised the base price of video games from 60 to 80 dollars they'd keep the microtransactions and nothing would change except that we'd be paying more up front.

Many people say they should just make the game 80 dollars instead of 60 dollars plus a 20 dollar season pass. I disagree with that too because option B means that you're paying extra for content you might not care about where as with option A you have the choice. I rarely buy DLC and am typically satisfied with the base games in my instances.
No DLC?!? How can you live with yourself!

I'm trying to think of the DLC I've gotten this generation. I have some for The Sims 4 and I got the Fallout 4, Hyrule Warriors, Forza Horizon 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider season passes. But other than that, I think I mostly pass on DLC.

If you we're to purchase say Fire Emblem: Shadow of Valentina with all Tue dlc the amount I calculated the true cost to be in the ball park of $100. Not including the price of the game. At least the season pass gets you all the dlc for half the price, but your still paying over the initial price you paid just to get the game.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back