Hard drive question

NOVAwiz

Playing
NES
Sorry if this is the wrong place or has been discussed before. I did a search and couldn't find much info.

We just recently purchased a Wii U with Mario Maker. Well the MM was a digital download so that ate some of our space. During the recent blizzard we purchased Mario 3D world and then Super Mario Bros U w/ Luigi U. I totally didn't pay attention to the amount of space we had so basically we are out of room for anything else.

So I wanted to know what external hard drive works with the Wii U. I have read some reviews where some don't work with the Wii U. What are you using? What do you recommend?

Thank you in advance.

its been awhile since i researched this but check Nintendo's website. They have some good recommendations. Let us know what you go with if you don't mind.

I decided to search this and IGN says that one of the best external hard drives for the Wii U on the market is a WD My Book 1TB External Hard Drive Storage which is $129 and is officially backed by Nintendo. They also say Buffalo DriveStation Axis Velocity 1 TB ($94) is good, along with Seagate Expansion 2TB Desktop External Hard Drive ($80). As for the portable hard drives, they said eForCity dual A to Micro-B USB 3.0 Y Cable ($3.34) is good, along with HGST Touro Mobile Pro 1TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive ($130) and Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB Portable External Hard Drive ($70). Here is where I found this: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/11/the-best-hard-drives-for-the-wii-u I can't give much of a good recommendation since I don't think I'm using a external hard drive for my Wii U, but I hope this helped. :)

well lo and behold my wii u ran out of memory as well. Guess ill be in the market as well. Its in the middle of a dowload for Smash

allright gang, the damage was 110$ at Best Buy. I got a Seagate Backup Plus, which is a powered hd, and came with 3 TB of memory. So far so good. It took the wii u 30 seconds to format the drive (it can't be used with any other device now or will erase all my precious games) and then another 45 minutes to transfer about 25 GB to the drive. Not bad.

An employee told me that a non powered drive would run a bit slower and may be noticeably blurry occasionally. (He has an Xbox.) The non powered drives were only about 20-40$ cheaper so i sprung for big boy.

Yeah, its about as big as the wii u itself, and so far the couple of glitches i noticed are too subtle to even discuss. Im satisfied, especially now i can download and not have to worry about updates.

Latest threads

Back