Hi

TurbineWine

Playing
Game & Watch
I joined because the wife and I are going batty with this COVID thing. So I thought it might be a good idea to perhaps get a Nintendo with Mario games. We are 70 years of age and so I am not interested in having a heart attack as a side effect of a game. I could go to BestBuy and talk to people there but they just want to sell you something.
I would like a game console that my wife and I can play together and if need be go head to head etc. I was really interested in the older generation console they released a few years ago but I had heard that the controllers were short and you needed to sit close to your tv or monitor.
So if anyone can help I would appreciate it, perhaps sending me to the right place on this forum to post these questions would be good start? Thanks

I'm also not interested in having a heart attack while playing games. 🤣

Others should chime in, but I don't think there's a point in going with previous-generation hardware. A console is just a platform and will suit different tastes, depending on which games you get.

The Switch is modern, connectable, and so insanely popular at this point (it will probably outsell the Wii by next year) that it's become the platform of choice for pretty much all Nintendo gamers. Buy a Switch and a pair of first-party Pro controllers for yourself and the wife. Others can advise on the games.

@TurbineWine Hello there! After reading your post, Animal Crossing New Horizons immediately came to mind. It's on the Switch. I would highly suggest it. We are a family of 4 and all play/contribute. My wife loves it, and she really is not a gamer. We have a few threads about it here.

You guys are great,
Just looked up the "Switch" and it appears to allow you to connect to a big screen. So that seems to work.
So switch, and two pro controllers, and a couple of games should get me started. Anything else? Is Switch "the new thing, or does it ever come on sale"?
Thanks again!

Last edited:
I see that the Switch is 32 gb is that the standard memory size or are there other units with more memory?

Last edited:
All models have the same amount of memory. There was an earlier model that had a smaller battery, but those are being phased out. I don't think the hardware goes on sale very often, but the games do.

Thanks. I bought a Switch and Dock, two games, Animal Crossing New Horizon and Super smash Brothers. I also bought 2 controllers but not sure I bought the right ones? They are made by Surge and are Red in Color but that's all BestBuy had. I will now go to the Switch forum with anymore posts.

Nice job, congrats. I personally prefer controllers made by Nintendo, they tend to have a more premium feel. Surge is probably a few dollars cheaper, but you have to factor in the cost of batteries while the Nintendo ones are rechargeable. In any case, you have 15 days to decide with Best Buy. Enjoy!

@TurbineWine myself, i added a memory card to my Switch from the beginning. Also, you will need to look into Switch Online if you plan on doing online things for your games. We have it for animal crossing, plus it comes with a bunch of old NES and SNES games. Have Fun!

Switch online is such a good deal when comparing with other modern consoles. You made the right choice by choosing Nintendo!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back