How about SMB in 7980x1080 resolution?

averus

From
Sarajevo, Bosnia Herzegovina
Playing
NES
Nice, isn't it? :D
C2g5btW.jpg

Were these screenshots taken one at a time or did they hack the game to support this resolution?

Very cool! Lags like hell with my wireless keyboard and 30 tabs open in Chrome :D

Some things are broken now because you can't trap Mario between a block and cleared space anymore, and enemy timing is off because they begin moving way before you would normally be able to see them. But I don't see how they could get around those things and keep the expanded resolution. Also, when falling into a pit, the dying sound should play at the same time it would in the original game, instead of waiting until Mario falls to the bottom of a 1080p screen. :lol:

Hey, it's a nice project anyway :D
Of course some things are different, but look at them as new challenges :D

I wish I had a 7 monitor setup, I'd play the hell out of this game! ^_^

It's a pretty cool project, even though it's a bit overkill. However, I think it ruins the game a bit as it's better for the levels to scroll through on a single screen. Nevertheless, these fan projects show how passionate people are about the Super Mario games. I shudder to think what folks are going to come up with in 10 years from now with the technology that will be available to them.

WOW. THAT. IS. SO. AWESOME. I AM NOT TYPELESS, BUT I AM SPEECHLESS...

It's a pretty cool project, even though it's a bit overkill. However, I think it ruins the game a bit as it's better for the levels to scroll through on a single screen. Nevertheless, these fan projects show how passionate people are about the Super Mario games. I shudder to think what folks are going to come up with in 10 years from now with the technology that will be available to them.

You're right, the passion for a project like this is impressive. I guess the next step would be VR, where you're going through the first level of Super Mario Bros. in the first person perspective. Hm... Maybe in Minecraft? It's probably already been done, actually. lol

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back