How do you have your N64 hooked up - LCD TV, CRT or Framemeister?

Damien Lee

Playing
Super Famicom
I know that many of us here enjoy our Nintendo 64's and have still kept these systems around. Most of us also own flat screen televisions as they are more convenient and allow us to play games and watch movies in high definition. However, if you plug an old system in, especially the N64 you'll be treated with a less than stellar video image.

In order to continue enjoying playing on my N64, I've kept my old crt television around. I've got my N64 together with all my older consoles plugged into it, therefore enjoying the intended visual fidelity. While this may not be a feasible solution for most, especially if space constraints are an issue. Another alternative is to use the XRGB-mini Framemeister which upscales low-resolutions signals for modern televisions, beautifully. Though it's a bit expensive but at least it saves space and you no longer need to keep an old crt around.

How do you have your N64 hooked up - LCD TV, CRT or Framemeister?

Simple LCD TV for me, CRTs are nowhere to be found any more (at least in my city!), and I wasn't aware about the Framemeister, but it sounds like something I'd like to pick up whenever I mange to get some gaming funds... which isn't in the very near future, sadly. :p
But yeah, it's not so bad... they're older graphics anyway, so whenever I play the N64 I don't exactly expect to be blown away by the visuals, hehe.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back