I can't connect to the Pokémon Go server

famous1992

Playing
Nintendo DS
The most common problem with Pokémon Go is the server going down, which means most people can't play.

This is due to the sheer popularity of Pokémon Go, and when a huge number of players connect all over the world, the Pokémon Go servers can struggle and fail.

Because this is a server issue, there's nothing Pokémon Go players can do on their end, but you can check the Pokémon Go server status page, which will let you know how the servers are performing.

Niantic is doing a terrible job of keeping us updated as to what is going on. I understand they are a small company that is completely overwhelmed by the global launch, but at least some communication would be nice.

EVERY TIME i log in i have to do it twice. Which is now acceptable because of all the frustration of losing connection, not being to play, etc. Id like to know how much data we wasted going to the park or wherever then trying to log in. I love the game, its free, but its been a while since Nintendo did something this unpolished. If ever

Is anything being done about the server problems? If so, what? I get that the game is so popular and that the global launch completely overwhelmed Niantic, but it would be nice to know what they are doing right now to make sure that players don't keep getting disappointed all over the world.

Niantic is doing a terrible job of keeping us updated as to what is going on. I understand they are a small company that is completely overwhelmed by the global launch, but at least some communication would be nice.

I don't think that there's any doubt that for a company of that size, the popularity of Pokemon GO will have been nothing short of overwhelming, and while I'm not saying that's an excuse for the lack of communication, if they are spending their limited resources on improving the app and the servers then I'd rather them keep doing that and then release a weekly statement or even monthly just to keep us all updated as to whats going on.

Well, you may understand that game has been having uncountable amounts of players since it first got release and the numbers seem to be increasing as the time passes, that's why the servers may fall down sometimes, they also have to upgrade their servers in order to avoid this kind of issues from happening, it really ruins the whole game experience.

Back