If the NX Fails

Demon_skeith

Playing
Nintendo 64
What do you feel will happen if Nintendo's next console happens to be a flop as well? Do you feel it will be the end of the company or just make Nintendo work even harder on another console?

I think the WiiU should demonstrate to Nintendo the importance of their games above all else. I think if we had seen more major franchises get a WiiU release then the sales situation would be a lot different. Nintendo hasn't been able to keep up with Sony and Microsoft in terms of console power but I don't think they have to in order to sell systems. The Wii wasn't HD and yet it still sold because there were lots of games that people wanted to play. The WiiU has been disappointing for a number of reasons but my biggest complaint is games. Where is the new Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, (insert the name of your favorite franchise here). Sure we've gotten some great Mario games but a lot of the games that make people go out and buy a Nintendo just aren't there. I don't know if it's just the fact that Nintendo was dividing it's focus with mobile games, amiibos or what but it seems to me that games have always been Nintendo's strong suit and they need to refocus on that. If the NX is a flop in terms of sales then I still wouldn't write Nintendo off. Their handheld sales are strong and they own too many popular franchises to bow out of the market in the way Sega did.

My opinion is that they need to hit the market hard with a console that matches or surpasses the power of the PS4. They have enough time to reverse engineer it and make improvements with cheaper parts. Time to come in with their mascots and power to back them up and make it affordable. Them maybe, just maybe, Nintendo isn't dead in the console war just yet. If they do fail, which I think is highly likely, then need to stick to the portables where they are already successful.

I think it would help if there were a level of innovation involved that didn't match anything on the market. That's what the Nintendo brand has always been good at. It's the follow through they've had issue with. Innovation without constant progression in the gaming industry is like when the medical industry cites curing Polio when asked what's the last thing they cured.

The problem is Nintendo always wants to stay cost effective. Even if they do make a machine better than PS4, it would cost too much and they simply wouldn't make it or water it down. If they make a system by today's basics it should do well.

My opinion is that they need to hit the market hard with a console that matches or surpasses the power of the PS4. They have enough time to reverse engineer it and make improvements with cheaper parts. Time to come in with their mascots and power to back them up and make it affordable. Them maybe, just maybe, Nintendo isn't dead in the console war just yet. If they do fail, which I think is highly likely, then need to stick to the portables where they are already successful.
A very good comment that clearly describes a likely scenario if the NX were to fail. The last thing I want to see is the NX fail, it could very well be Nintendo's last console. However, they have a knack for releasing fantastic and successful handhelds that no other company can compete with. If Nintendo can no longer succeed with consoles than I'd like to see them remain as the premium handheld manufacturer.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back