Introducing the official NES Classic!

It's an emulator in a cool-looking chassis, not a hint of real NES hardware inside. Most real retro fans will not be interested in it, since you can already emulate the NES on so many platforms (including PC of course).

I'll buy one for my retro-loving brother when the price tag hits a lower amount.

I am totally buying it! I have always wanted to play quite a number of those NES games and I am not a big fan of emulators, so this will be great! I find it amusing that this NES CE can fit in your hand and has all of the games stored on it, while the original NES didn't have the games stored and was huge! XD

dude that things like 60 bucks. Think id rather play those games on the VC of the wii u, especially since most of us have played most of those games. Wish it had Maniac Mansion and Commando.

Yeah, but to collect all of those games on VC would cost more if you wanted to buy all of the games on that list and it keeps all of them together. Plus it comes with an NES controller which will definitely make it feel more authentic. I don't know about you, but it is definitely something I will get.

think ill pass, i kind of like the idea of most of what i want or missed is on wii u

Well @crunchyg really crashed the party on this one. Of course I am only kidding, but he is correct in that it is really nothing too special, but I agree that it would be good for a little nostalgia feel and a good fit for somewhere like an RV or place like that. Sorry to hear that keep dying at Zelda...it is one of my favorite games but I it can be frustrating.

While I do like the idea behind Nintendo releasing the NES classic, I'm thinking that it's aimed at those who weren't around when the NES first came out, rather than us old timers who where. I'm not saying that I won't buy one, as I probably will for the novelty value, but it's not a device that I have put at the top of my most wanted list and I wouldn't say I'm all that excited about it being released.

Yeah, that is one reason why I want to get the CE. I wasn't around during the time of the NES. Everyone talks about these classic games but I have never had the chance to play the majority of them, which makes it very enticing for me. Maybe it will being other Nintendo fans from the current generation to buy it, like me.

In a way I do think it will be a good way for Nintendo to show where they came from to people like yourself who aren't old enough to remember what it was like in those days, and with the NX coming out it will be a good way to get people talking about Nintendo again in a positive way, and that can only help with the marketing of the NX.

I'd like to think that Nintendo brought out this device for less selfish reason, but I think we're old enough and wise enough to knw now that the only reason they have brought out the classic is as a advertising boost for the future. Kind of a have a look where we have come from, and have a look how far we're going with the NX kind of idea.

I would definitely be interested in purchasing one after checking it out and making sure it was good quality and played as smoothly as the original NES games did. I was around when the first NES came out and loved it like most of us on here I would bet that were around then.

But my children weren't and they are still young enough to appreciate this and enjoy it if it is done correctly and with quality in mind. It does have some of the best games that the NES offered during the whole time the console was available and at $59.99 I think it will make a great Christmas present.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm very interested in it. The novelty of it alone makes me want it.

I would definitely be interested in purchasing one after checking it out and making sure it was good quality and played as smoothly as the original NES games did. I was around when the first NES came out and loved it like most of us on here I would bet that were around then.

But my children weren't and they are still young enough to appreciate this and enjoy it if it is done correctly and with quality in mind. It does have some of the best games that the NES offered during the whole time the console was available and at $59.99 I think it will make a great Christmas present.

The older gamers such as us buying the Nintendo Classic as a gift for those that weren't around to witness it the first time around is definitely a market that I think Nintendo will be aiming at, and it's just another way to show before the release of the NX just how far they have come as a company. While I think that nearly every gamer will be well aware of the impact they have had on the gaming world in the past, a lot won't have been able to experience it first hand, and that's what the Nintendo Classic is all about.

I think I'd buy it, if only to encourage Nintendo to make the SNES classic and (finally) the N64 classic. Can they even make a Gamecube Classic for a reasonable price?

Now I think that's an idea that a lot of people would like to see, Nintendo remaking all of their previous consoles in the same way that they have released the NES classic. $150 for each one of them, all with the classic games we all know and love already preloaded.

I can see Nintendo making a killing if they was to go down that route, but like you say, when it comes to a Gamecube classic I'm not sure if that would be possible, and even if it was I'd imagine it might cost a lot more than $150!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back