Is Big Rigs on the PC, Worse than E.T. for Atari 2600

Playing
Nintendo 2DS
This game just cracks me up.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6DtVHqyYts[/media]

This game does have a saving grace. It's entertaining to play for a few minutes. At the very least, it has that going for it. There's ridiculously interesting glitches and you cannot tell me you don't want to accelerate up mountains and go in reverse until it looks like you're banging the Earth itself.

Despite its infamous reputation, the Atari 2600's E.T. game is much more of a complete, playable, and somewhat entertaining game than Big Rigs. (Whilst hardly a great game, the Atari 2600's E.T. game is far from being the worst video game of all time!)

E.T.'s major issues were simply placing the pits too close to the screen edges (making falling into the pits too frequent and frustrating of an issue), making levitation too tedious (making escaping the pits too frustrating of an experience), and not adequately explaining how to play the game to its users. People often claim that E.T. is "broken and unplayable," but in truth they really just don't know how to play it and were unwilling to learn and give it a proper chance.

Conversely, Big Rigs' issues are more plentiful and serious. A racing game in which your opponent cannot move, the player passes through any and all objects, and the player can exceed Warp 10 when in reverse is clearly far less complete and is by no means market ready! (Unless the game's plot was that you're playing a big rig's ghost, not beholden to the physical laws of corporeal spacetime--which as far as I understand wasn't the case!) Unlike the Atari 2600's E.T. game, Big Rigs actually is literally broken and unplayable!

So, given the above, I believe that the comparison between these two games goes beyond a mere matter of subjective taste: Big Rigs is objectively a worse game than the Atari 2600's E.T.!

Oh no!

I knew it! I KNEW it was Jame's review of it BEFORE I even went to the link! To me, there is no winner of the two. They BOTH were horrible games. I swear, when backing up and you went to high speeds, it sounded like the DeLoran 3000! Just E.T. review was just PAINFULLY to watch. I don't know how ANYONE those that was a good idea. If you're going to make a video game of a movie, do the research. At least, ATTEMPT to follow the story and give it some good gameplay and graphics! If Japan could do it for Back to the Future 3, why couldn't E.T. do it?!

I've seen a lot of reviews of Big Rigs and I am always cracking up while watching it. Big Rigs is a pretty horrible game, but I have heard that it is still fairly playable. I have never heard anything positive about E.T. for the Atari 2600. It's one of the worse games ever made, and this is after years and years of fairly bad games. It's still at the top (or at least near the top) of the list.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back