Is Nintendo less innovative than Sony?

Artwark

Playing
3DS XL
So I hear arguments that Nintendo is less creative these days and don't even compare to that of Sony?

Is this really a true thing? I mean, Nintendo just did games like Kid Icarus uprising, Xenoblade Chronicles, Splatoon and Tokyo Mirage Sessions....

What's the most innovative thing Sony has done? As far as I know all they have done is slap together a low end gaming pc and ripped off the Oculus Rift.

I don't think Nintendo is less creative than Sony, but I do think Nintendo has been on a downward spiral from the time the Wii U started that will hopefully stop with the Switch. The problem is, a lot of games are remakes to fill the empty spaces or the millionth New Super Mario Bros.

However, the Wii U is significantly less powerful than the PS4/XBox One and roughly the same price and Nintendo managed to sell X million of them. Out of those X million, surely someone bought the system because they thought Nintendo was still creative.

What's the most innovative thing Sony has done? As far as I know all they have done is slap together a low end gaming pc and ripped off the Oculus Rift.

Well they have released games like Gravity Rush etc....

Don't get me wrong, I'm also not agreeing on this matter either. Its just a lot of people claim otherwise and I'm only worried a bit if Nintendo's image will be butchered a bit.

I own only a PS4 and PC right now and have been playing a lot of Sony exclusives lately like Rachet & Clank, so I think I can weigh in further and say...

Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft games all take getting used to. People tend to like the games that they play the most. Because Sony won pretty big this current generation and got a lot of players, most people will be saying all kinds of "Sony is better" arguments, whether true or not. It's simply what the most people are playing, and their playing the games so much because they have the system leads them to like them the most.

I guess they both have some variety in their games line up. For what it's worth I recently got a PS4 Pro and am struggling to find PS4 exclusive games that I actually want (I got Street Fighter V and Ratchet & Clank). That says nothing of how creative either company is, but I will say when it comes to Sony's western division of games they all look familiar to one another (Uncharted, The Last of Us, and it's too early to know for sure but the new God of War and that Days Gone are to some extent starting to look rather similar as well). However they also have stuff like The Last Guardian, Knack, and Gravity Rush which are rather creative.

Sony and innovative are not something you use in the same sentence. Sony copies competition. They always have and always will.

Gravity Rush is a cool game but not sure it's innovative. It's ideas have existed a long time. In Small ways the idea of no gravity and battling enemies that way I remember in Strider in arcades in the 80s. Gravity Rush is a nice blend of existing ideas.

Innovation is not the strong point of Sony but rather it is the exclusivity of games where they are strong

Last edited:
Back