Is PS Vita obsolete?

JoanMcWench

Playing
NES
I start to get a feel for when a console is no longer favourably looked upon when I can buy them from whoever owned one. I'm not suggesting that Vita was incredibly popular but it seems like everyone is trying to get rid of theirs as of late. Personally, I could care less. These are the times I like to swoop in and pick them up.

I was wondering if anyone had one here? Are you trying to sell yours as well? Has it become obsolete BECAUSE of the PS4 or did that just help?

Vita isn't a console - it's a mobile and no it isn't obsolete. Not least because the PS4 is supposed to be getting more usage out it than the PS3 did. On top of which it has some really interesting offerings like Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc or Guacamelee or Tearaway or Ys: Momories of Celceta. That said I personally have really enjoyed mine and have no intention of selling mine. Most likely the reason so many of these are available is because people are trying to nickel and dime their way to a PS4 or whatever. Still.

The Vita just seems dead because of the lack of third party support that's all. It needs more support if it's going to get out of this slump it's been in since release.

Interesting games do not save the 'mobile'. Or, rather, anything similarly interpreted. I think the failure of many other things be it within a 'mobile' or 'console' are not the responsibility of great gaming options but failure to make clear how great these options were.

It's definitely hurting in sales, but I wouldn't say it's obsolete. I think the PS4 will help the sales of the Vita. The Vita allows you to remote play your PS4 games, so you can play your PS4 games on the go, which is just another reason to own the Vita.

I feel like playstation has always been one step behind in the handheld department. I know no one that owns a PS Vista or a PSP etc.

JoanMcWench said:
Interesting games do not save the 'mobile'. Or, rather, anything similarly interpreted. I think the failure of many other things be it within a 'mobile' or 'console' are not the responsibility of great gaming options but failure to make clear how great these options were.
So... the WiiU is a failure point blank? Because that seems to be what you're saying.

I think it's time for Nintendo and Sony to team up again and release the Ultimate Handheld!!!

I think it's time for Nintendo and Sony to team up again and release the Ultimate Handheld!!!

that most likely would have happened if Nintendo didn't back out during their CD deal that led to the PS1.

As for the Vita, it is a solid handheld and a great piece of hardware but really lacks the games. Plus since you can get the PS tv there really isn't the need for the handheld.

I have to agree with Demon. It was a very solid handheld; had good battery life; had a decent resolution and graphical quality; it just lacked an array of games to keep it afloat. I recently looked into it, and I found multiple articles citing the lack of video games as the downfall of most handhelds. And this is probably why the DS is still doing well - Nintendo keeps remastering HD remakes for the handhelds and people keep buying them. So not even NEW games, but older REDONE games could work as well.

No, the PS Vita is still going strong in Japan. Plenty of good games are still coming out for it, it's probably a matter of importing most of the hot titles. Play-Asia and other online game retailers that stock Japanese releases are your friend. The Vita is hugely underrated in my opinion but I've got to give kudos to Sony for still supporting the system. Other companies would've probably given up on it already and moved onto the next thing.

Oh boy.... well, to put it lightly. Yeah. Yeah it is obsolete. Now don't get me wrong, it's a great system. Like, it's probably just from a hardware and technical standpoint the greatest handheld video game system ever made. Plus it's not that there aren't any games for it either; it's just a lot of what comes out for it also comes out for other platforms as well. The 3DS has vastly better exclusives, but multiplatform games are probably better to play on the Vita over the 3DS.

Even if it's going strong in it's local market, if it's obsolete to foreign markets it's obsolete to the world. If not now, eventually.

Especially when the next one comes out and knocks it off its pedastal.

nope i still play it.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back