Is Super Mario 3D World any good?

jardantuan

Playing
Wii U
I live in the UK, and sadly it doesn't release here until the 29th (not that I could afford it until then anyway!) so I've yet to get my hands on it. I've been really looking forward to it since the initial (and somewhat controversial) E3 announcement, and every new trailer since then has further increased my excitement. Right now, it looks like a better game than Mario Galaxy, and looks as though it could be my game of the year by a long way.

I've only read a few reviews, and everything I've seen is positive. However, most of them don't go into much detail in terms of content (for obvious reasons), and a lot of them don't talk about multiplayer enough in my opinion. I do have a few questions for the people that have it:
  1. I'm having a few friends over next week when I get the game, so we'll be playing it co-op straight away - how is the multiplayer?
  2. A couple of reviews mention that the camera is a little awkward when the action gets hectic, which could be a concern. How does that work? Does it focus on a single character, or does it focus on a point between everybody?
  3. I know that there are 8 worlds (barring any bonus content, which I don't want to know about yet). How many levels are in each world?
  4. What's the difficulty like? I know that collecting all the stars and stamps will make the game last far longer and make it more difficult, but how hard is it to get to the end of a level? How does difficulty change when playing with multiple people?
  5. How do you rate it compared to the other 3D Mario games? Is it worthy of being considered a 'true' 3D Mario or is it just a spin-off from Mario 3D Land in your eyes?
In case you can't tell, I'm not looking forward to the next seven days right now, especially while everybody is having fun playing it!

So far, I'm having fun with it, but to be honest, I don't have many answers for you. I've just been really busy today. Only got to put a few minutes into it. But I'll definitely be putting some time into it soon, don't you worry about that. So I'll get back to you on this.

Latest threads

Back