Least known but seriously awesome games for this console?

Discussion in 'Super Nintendo' started by Shimus, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Shimus

Shimus Active Member

Playing:
    Nintendo 64
    Does anyone have a list (or a few suggestions) of not very well known games that need to see daylight? Any oldie-but-goldies out there that nobody is mentioned quite yet? Share with us and let us know!

2. BigNintendoGamer

BigNintendoGamer New Member

Playing:
    GameCube
    Conker's Bad Fur Day? That was an N64 game that seriously needs to see a sequel.

3. Shimus

Shimus Active Member

Playing:
    Nintendo 64
    I was talking about SNES games, though. Which ones do you have/have played that may have rung a bell for being rare or not discussed? Hidden gems, so to speak.

4. BigNintendoGamer

BigNintendoGamer New Member

Playing:
    GameCube
    I did not know you were talking 'bout SNES games, bro. Sorry about that. I haven't really played any hidden gems on SNES though.

5. Shimus

Shimus Active Member

Playing:
    Nintendo 64
    I know there have to be some out there; so don't be afraid to chime in guys.

6. pandabear1991

pandabear1991 Member

North MS, U.S
    Playing:
    Super NES
    Ghouls and Ghosts:

I played this game effortlessly starting at age 7. I kid you not, I never fully beat it.

The game play was a little difficult, and even though I had made it to the last boss battle, I did not have the "bracelet" and was sent right back to the very beginning of the game. Honestly I quit playing after this happened a few times, and I never could find that bracelet- I threw in the towel.

Maybe I will find another copy and give it another try in the near future =^.^=

7. Shimus

Shimus Active Member

Playing:
    Nintendo 64
    Ghouls and Ghosts is well recognized because of Super Ghouls and Ghosts, namely. Max became quite popular in later franchise renditions as well, in his undies. It was a very good game indeed, but you don't hear many people pull it up in conversation.

pandabear1991 likes this.
  8. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench Active Member

Playing:
    NES
    Maximum Carnage was a great game for SNES. I don't know if you would categorize that one as a better known but it was just a fun play. Fond memories of throwing garbage cans.

aboleth_lich and Hyrule Chicken like this.
  9. Shimus

Shimus Active Member

Playing:
    Nintendo 64
    Max Carnage was fun as hell, as most other Streets-of-Rage type beat em ups were for that generation. I even fondly recall Battletoads and Double Dragon. Such a good system, SNES.

10. Flandre Scarlet

Flandre Scarlet New Member

Playing:
    Wii
    I hated Battletoads so much. That game was so unforgiving, especially thanks to the friendly fire in co-op. The thing I always liked though, was how the first 2 or 3 stages were pretty easy and doable, and then the game just slapped you in the face with the Turbo Tunnel. So much fun.

11. Shimus

Shimus Active Member

Playing:
    Nintendo 64
    Friendly fire made me rage a lot but it was fun to make them pay for it with a life later in the level by jump smackin. Lol :cool:

12. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Active Member

Playing:
    Super Famicom
    Capcom's Demon's Quest for the SNES is an amazing side-scrolling platform game that doesn't get the love it deserves. It's actually a follow up to the Gargoyle's Quest games on the NES. Developed by the same team behind the Ghosts 'n Goblins / Ghouls 'n Ghosts series so the pedigree is there. I also believe that Demon's Quest has some of the best and crispest graphics on the SNES and an incredibly cool but creepy atmosphere.

13. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Member

Playing:
    Wii
    Definitely a known game but I just had to mention it: Killer instinct!

It was awesome, I remember playing with my friends when I was young. We would dim the lights, close the blinds and get scared by the intense music :p

I think the SNES games in north america had a lot of marketing for them, they had sufficient media coverage. I'm willing to bet the more obscure, lesser known games will be found in Japan!
    -LoyalServant

14. Lisa Davis

Lisa Davis New Member

Playing:
    Super NES
    I think a role playing sort of game that I played where you were the protagonist was called Deja Vu. I liked it. It was sort of a solve the mystery of who you are sort of theme. I got it on sale somewhere ridiculously cheap and had never seen it. It was decent.

15. rz3300

rz3300 Active Member

Playing:
    Wii
    Is Paperboy considered lesser-known, because if it is, then I would certainly add that to this list. I remember that I played it a lot, and so did my friends, but outside of that I really have no idea. Just given the premise, though, I want to assume that it was not really that popular, but I guess you never really know. That would be my addition, though. Thanks for sharing.

16. Michael Cole

Michael Cole New Member

Playing:
    Super NES
    Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Mana, Killer Instinct, Demons Crest, The Lost Vikings. Great games, some not very well known.