Luigi's Mansion 2

Medza

Playing
Super NES
I've been a huge fan of the original Luigi's Mansion game for the Gamecube and I the sequel is one of the reasons why I'm considering buying a 3D's. I've been looking at some reviews and articles, but I was wondering what do you guys think of the game? What's the gamplay like? How does it compare to the original? Is it worth its price?

If you liked the original, you will love this. There are some issues, such as lack of checkpoints, but if you are good that shouldn't be a problem :) It is a must buy for the 3DS.

In some ways it's more of the same, so if you enjoyed the first then you'll like the second pretty well. In other ways it... kind of flucates - some of it is good and some of it is not (no checkpoints). That said I would reccomend this game to you.

I enjoyed playing the same and you would probably enjoy it too if you liked the first game! Due to the checkpoints being removed it made the game harder since I make stupid mistakes when I am almost near the end of the game... The original is better to me but this is still a worthy game to play! The price is like any other game's price so it is okay! Maybe wait til christmas and probably they put this game on sale? Just maybe...

I actually did not miss the checkpoints at all. I think the way they give you more than enough warning to dodge or read anything means getting hit too often is really just the player being sloppy. It also raised the stakes for many stages and missables, and meant playing with a lot more deliberation without dropping the level of exploration. I was most impressed by the graphical effects of the game and the 3D worked really well. I would have preferred a stronger soundtrack though, and more of a reward at the end. Fun game all around.

OniBlackMage said:
I actually did not miss the checkpoints at all. I think the way they give you more than enough warning to dodge or read anything means getting hit too often is really just the player being sloppy.
My thing is that often times I use checkpoints as a way to save without saving - because I have things I need to do and I can't always keep playing until I get to a save point or whatever. It isn't that I'm being an idiotic player - I just have other things I need to do.

Thanks for all the advice guys , it looks like I will be getting the game pretty soon after all. You've convinced me :D

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back