MegaMan X

Demon_skeith

Playing
Nintendo 64
I will always remember this game so fondly, the stages, bosses and music. I played it a lot despite not being able to beat it.

Did anyone here enjoy playing the game?

I absolutely adored the SNES' Mega Man X! I consider it to be the perfect 16-bit upgrade of the by-then arguably repetitive and even stale classic NES series (which I do also love, don't get me wrong)--not just in terms of the graphics and sounds, but also with respect to to the new power-ups for Mega Man X, the newer even-later-in-the-future setting, the new villains, etc. However, I conversely felt that its sequels didn't really bring anything new to the table and also quickly grew pretty stale and repetitive.

I enjoyed the X series all the way up to 6 and then after that I didn't care for its direction or adding another character to the team. Though it did seem to lose its charm after 4 but thankfully the MM zero series brought it back to form.

I just enjoyed the additional of a playable character that WASN'T Megaman, was equally cool look as PROTOMAN, and had the moves like jagger. Of course, I'm referring to Zero. He was everything I wanted to try platforming on.

Take into account the awesome level designs and the boss in Sigma, and it was nice overall change from wily - and a nice boosted story. A perfect way to upgrade.

I'm a fan of all the Mega Man platformers, just not into the Battle Network series which I don't feel contributes much to the franchise.

The Mega Man X series is a firm favorite, and the first Mega Man X is an absolute masterpiece. It's definitely hard but I managed to beat it after several hundreds of repeated plays. I'm also incredibly fond of Mega Man X2 through to X4, I've beaten these as well, but just like X1 they're incredibly tough games. The music, graphics and exquisite sprite animation are huge draws for me.

I'm a fan of all the Mega Man platformers, just not into the Battle Network series which I don't feel contributes much to the franchise.

The Mega Man X series is a firm favorite, and the first Mega Man X is an absolute masterpiece. It's definitely hard but I managed to beat it after several hundreds of repeated plays. I'm also incredibly fond of Mega Man X2 through to X4, I've beaten these as well, but just like X1 they're incredibly tough games. The music, graphics and exquisite sprite animation are huge draws for me.

This sums up my feelings on Mega Man perfectly.
I'm very fond of this franchise. That's probably the game that got me really into gaming. I used to play Mega Man X with my big brother for hours on end, and then with friends.
Mega Man X was also a huge factor in me learning to speak English as I do. I used to write down all the dialogues and take them to my mother for translations. After a handful of times in a couple days, she thought it better to hand me a Spanish-English dictionary, and thus, I began to acquire a massive vocabulary and eventually a sense for the language. :)
Those are pretty good reasons for it being one of my all-time favorite games, it's not only an absolutely fantastic game, but I have a lot of attachment to it.

Mega Man 8 was also very cool and I always thought ahead of its time, too.

Latest threads

Back