Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

Smokey

From
NY
Who else played this one? It's a good game but not that good of a remake of the original classic MGS. I feel like they could've done certain things differently that would've made the game so much better IMO. That being said, it was a pretty good game without looking at the original. What do you guys think of the twin snakes?

I have to agree, if you had never played the original, Then yeah, te was a very good game. But compared to the original it wasn't up to par. My biggest gripe was that they altered some of the gameplay to resemble Metal Gear Solid 2. That I didn't like, I liked the original metal gear just the way it was.

I too played this game, and thought it was pretty cool. The additional of MGS2 type play was a mixed blessing. On one hand, it was nice to have the 3D view, but on the other hand, the first MGS was fine as is.

A remake of one of the coolest, most satisfying action games ever made.

I got a really good deal on Twin Snakes at Blockbuster a while ago, like $10 or 15, the discs were practically new. I booted the game, started playing it, and couldn't get past the first 15 minutes of gameplay. It just wasn't that interesting. This was my first Metal Gear Solid game, so maybe that was the reason.

What in particular tripped you up Professor? Are you not a stealth player or something? Or was it just kind of boring to you overall? I personally never bothered with this game, but then again I don't generally deal with remakes unless it's something radically different.

I played this game from 6:AM to 7:pM all day without eating anything from beginning to end. Great Game. I still have it. No cheat codes or any cheat devices were needed for this game. Just pure fun.

I played The Twin Snakes and thought it was decent overall. I honestly find the gameplay in the psx version more enjoyable, along with everything else. I'm probably just biased but the original MGS is a very iconic game to me so I guess I'm still not very warm to the gamecube remake. The original MGS was like nothing else on the playstation and while it has improvements, MGS: The Twin Snakes, isn't as unique and doesn't feel special like the first. I'm weird though.

Latest threads

Back