Metroid Prime Federation Force

I'm not the biggest Metroid fan in the world so I'll probably not have the same opinion as everyone else but I think this could be a cool game. Just go in looking it as a spin-off game like you would with Luigi's Mansion or Mario Party and you'll have a good time.

In my opinion what they need to do is to change the name... I know, a lot of the Metroid fans (including me) were really hoping for another Metroid Prime game... But calling this a Metroid Prime game is pretty insulting to me. >_> It's like "Sonic the Hedgehog" or "Sonic 06", if they would have called it "Sonic Adventure 3" it still would have been bad, but not THAT insulting to the fans. -_-

What I mean is... say... Nintendo releases a game called "The Legend of Zelda" (just like the NES game) and it features the Zelda characters all just singing songs instead of doing actual adventuring. >_> I'm sure a lot of people would be pretty upset, but if the game was called "The Legend of Zelda: The Musical" it wouldn't be received as so bad, right? ^^;

That doesn't mean the game won't suck... I'm honestly surprised that they're STILL going through with it. oO There are SO many dislikes to the trailer video, it's ridicules!
Here, this YouTube video by Nintendo says it all:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGu3Xe1uUUg
Currently it's 9,160 likes and 80,992 dislikes. >_>

It really rubs salt in the wound considering that a main-series Metroid game was supposedly in the works but was shelved in favour of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and now...this. A co-op focused side-story which relegates Samus to a background character and is focused more on guns and sports than exploration is not what I had in mind. It's annoying as all hell that this is the Metroid game we will get after having waited for six years (by the time the game releases).

The Galactic Federation Marines look adorable in those suits, tho.

I'm just glad to have some Metroid fans in the house. welcome BTW

In my opinion what they need to do is to change the name... I know, a lot of the Metroid fans (including me) were really hoping for another Metroid Prime game... But calling this a Metroid Prime game is pretty insulting to me. >_> It's like "Sonic the Hedgehog" or "Sonic 06", if they would have called it "Sonic Adventure 3" it still would have been bad, but not THAT insulting to the fans. -_-

What I mean is... say... Nintendo releases a game called "The Legend of Zelda" (just like the NES game) and it features the Zelda characters all just singing songs instead of doing actual adventuring. >_> I'm sure a lot of people would be pretty upset, but if the game was called "The Legend of Zelda: The Musical" it wouldn't be received as so bad, right? ^^;

That doesn't mean the game won't suck... I'm honestly surprised that they're STILL going through with it. oO There are SO many dislikes to the trailer video, it's ridicules!
Here, this YouTube video by Nintendo says it all:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGu3Xe1uUUg
Currently it's 9,160 likes and 80,992 dislikes. >_>

They are naming it in the exact same manner you just typed there dude...it isn't "Metroid Prime" its "Metroid Prime: Federation Force" just like your example. I mean come on it's a spinoff not a main game. What makes everyone so sure they aren't developing one right as we type.

I'm still upset that people are bashing this game. Yes I am not a fan of the game's visuals as they aren't that vibrant but the game looks decent and it certainly isn't going to be the doom of the series and what not. Its a spin off....what can you expect out of it?

And for the record, the impressions that reviewers gave for this game aren't as bad as people think as there are some positives to be said. I certainly am going to get it regardless.

Funny for how something like this happens on IPs like Metroid is a bad thing and yet for Zelda, Mario and Pokemon, that's fine?

I for one want more of Toon link back but I know nobody else cares about it because well, I'm the minority here.

Well I would like to thank @Artwark for standing up for the game. People are too harsh on games, and even if they are disappointing I still think that it is useful to find the good in them. I guess if I did end up losing around 60 dollars I might be a little more upset, but still, it seems excessive. I am not familiar with this game, but I might pass.

I just want to say that......should this game end up becoming a bomb, part of the reason for that isn't because of it being poorly done (because again, from the looks of it, its polished gameplay wise) but because of the fanbase not willing to support it.

People seem to think that if the game gets supported, then Nintendo will move the IP in this direction which is false considering that facts that again, this here is a spin off and not an actual game.

I guess time will really tell whether this game can potentially be a hidden gem or a proven point of it being terrible.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back