Microsoft's BS looks much worse in timeline form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esperahol

I mean it never looked good, but it looks really rather sketchy in timeline form. To get the whole thing I would suggest looking up Game Informer, but some of the highlights are:

April 4th - Adam Orth tweets about the always online requirement followed by the hashtag Dealwithit. The following week he quits. Okay.

April 10th - Marc Whitten states definitely that Xbox One's used game policy will be identical to the 360's. He is quoted as saying people will be able to take their physical games back to a retailer and sell or buy them.

June 6th - The system will not allow used-game reselling and mandates console check-ins to prevent loss of game playing privileges.

June 12th - Don Mattrick tells folks that if they can't maintain some form of connectivity they should stick with the 360. Phil Spencer says they've stated their policy on used game restrictions and that's all there is to it. Wow... jerks.

June 19th - 180 on everything recent

July 1st - Don Mattrick leaves for Zynga

July 3rd - New organization and leadership

So...very...sketchy. I'm not touching the Xbone with a 30 ft. pole at this point.

I severely dislike Microsoft. They are the worst gaming company. I like windows and office, but they are greedy as hell.

If you think that Microsoft are bad, then what about EA! They are truly the worse out of the bunch, with day one DLC , crappy DRM and just the whole Origin thing.

I won't say they are bad like the above guy. It's just business. You have to do what you have to do to survive in the cut-throat competition era.

There is a difference between surviving and just trying to take all the money. It's the difference between hunting for food and hunting for sport. If you're going to eat or use all the animal then good for you, but if you are just killing a creature because you want a trophy then you honestly suck. So yeah.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWle-peqdCk[/youtube]

Esperahol said:
...So...very...sketchy. I'm not touching the Xbone with a 30 ft. pole at this point.
I believe you mean a thirty-nine and a half foot pooooooole.

Anywho, I agree, but it does translate to any new system. The kinks need time to be worked out. If you buy something fresh off the line it's not similar to doughnuts. It's worse when fresh. Wait until the kinks are worked out. Regardless of allegiance.

But as time goes by. New consoles will be released. I never had a problem with any of my Nintendo systems on launch. Nintendo has a secret that they will never give out. Even the first Xbox had problems. I heard that Microsoft didn't have a fan installed and the system over heated. and it went off like a bomb. The 360 had the rEd ring of death and other errors. I work at a Children's Museum. And everytime the xbox 360 was broken I had to fix it. And this is coming from a guy who is a Nintendo freak. I am a Nintendo Fanman. But I don't bash the other consoles. If someone else has the console. I would play it. I even played the first Halo with my younger cousin back in 2002. But I didn't like the controller. part of my hand kept on hitting the black or white button on the edge of the controller. messing up my game. Anyways. Bakc to the xbox 360 at the museum. It got to the point of the xbox 360 breaking down all the time. So I told my boss that in order for this to work. I need to take the console apart and just rewire the inside. She told me that it will be to much of a hassle. So they just dump the the xbox in the trash. Now they are putting up a new thing up for the kids to use. The Museum is partners wih ESPN, the largest sporting media in the US. And it's right in my hometown, Bristol, CT

Wii had its kinks initially. It didn't help that they did not forsee the purchase of many remote/nunchuks. The prices were ridiculous in those dark days.

Like I said: I agree. I'm not a fan of Microsoft. It bothers me that it seems okay to everyone who plays on the 360 that you pay for the privilege to be 'live'. What kind of nonsense is that? Seems way too greedy for my humbly cheap ways.

I don't have a problem with Live being expensive since Sony has shown what happens when you make it free. Lose my credit card information to some guy who is going to cheerfully run up quite the bill or... or just pay for the year - I'd rather pay for the year. I do however have a problem when I purchase a game only to receive part of the game with the other part locked behind a pay wall - and unfortunately that seems to be the going trend right now... So that's just one more reason to avoid the Xbone.

The other thing is, that it's mostly the kids that get the xbox consoles. And these kids get M rated games like COD & GTA. and Elite Gamers like me who have been gaming since the 1980's play Nintendo,Atari,Sega,Neo Geo,Turbo graph, Coleco Vision, Intellivison. Don't get these M rated games like GTA, Theif, etc. Game companies need to learn that Old Gamers like me. Still play Nintendo and likes to go to the Arcades and put quarters in the machine. These kids that play Xbox can't get past the first screen in E.T. for the Atari 2600. xbox gamers have no idea what a video game really is. Remember the old PC's C/DOS? These kids have no idea what that is. Plus Microsoft has NOT made a Xbox console that can work correctly with no flaws at launch yet. I never had a Problem with my Nintendo consoles. My NES that I got back in 1986. Still works. Microsoft needs to stop making consoles and just make games instead. The Xbox One is just a DVR,Cable Box. It doesn't even count as a Gaming Console. Here is my vision of the next xbox. In order for you to play you need to swipe your credit card, in the Credit card reader in the machine. and watch Microsoft take your money while you go broke. and you have to sell your stuff. and your house. and you will be living in a homeless shelter. While the employees at MS, Get Richer and Richer and laugh in your face. That's my vision of the next Xbox. lol. Plus the console is just like the Atari Jaguar CD, It doesn't work, You can't make it work, It refuses to work. And the Xbox One Controller is the Atari 5200 controller. So if you take the Atari 5200 Controller and the Jaguar CD. And you put them together.. You get the Xbox One.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a79H1semNM[/media]

Even though they've reversed a lot of their policies. I'm still skeptical and think that, if sales get high enough, they'll just implement those anti-consumer features right back in.

Yeah.. I have really wanted a wii u but at the same time, I am not sure how I feel about that gamepad thing. I am sorry to say it, but I will definitely end up purchasing a PS4 if I buy into the next generation of gaming. It's sad, because I love the achievement system, but at the same time.. I hate what Xbox One has done.

That's what a lot of people get wrong. they think you only need the Game pad. you can get the Wii U pro controller, and that fits nicely in your hands. also you can use the Wiimote and the nun chuck to play some of the games. Even the PS4 controller didn't feel right in my hands.

NintendoCosmos said:
The other thing is, that it's mostly the kids that get the xbox consoles. And these kids get M rated games like COD & GTA. and Elite Gamers like me who have been gaming since the 1980's play Nintendo,Atari,Sega,Neo Geo,Turbo graph, Coleco Vision, Intellivison. Don't get these M rated games like GTA, Theif, etc. Game companies need to learn that Old Gamers like me. Still play Nintendo and likes to go to the Arcades and put quarters in the machine. These kids that play Xbox can't get past the first screen in E.T. for the Atari 2600. xbox gamers have no idea what a video game really is. Remember the old PC's C/DOS? These kids have no idea what that is. Plus Microsoft has made a Xbox console that can work correctly with no flaws at launch yet. I never had a Problem with my Nintendo consoles. My NES that I got back in 1986. Still works. Microsoft needs to stop making consoles and just make games instead. The Xbox One is just a DVR,Cable Box. It doesn't even count as a Gaming Console. Here is my vision of the next xbox. In order for you to play you need to swipe your credit card, in the Credit card reader in the machine. and watch Microsoft take your money while you go broke. and have to sell your stuff. and your house. and you will be living in a homeless shelter. While the employees at MS, Get Richer and Richer and laugh in your face. That's my vision of the next Xbox. lol. Plus the console is just like the Atari Jaguar CD, It doesn't work, You can't make it work, It refuses to work. And the Xbox One Controller is the Atari 5200 controller. So if you take the Atari 5200 Controller and the Jaguar CD. And you put them together.. You get the Xbox One.
Okay - dial that the freak back. I like Nintendo and I liked Sega, but I also love my PS2 AND my 360. I really love my 360 like a lot. On top of which if you aren't playing GTA and Thief can you really make anything like an intelligent critique of these games? I mean you are doing the exact same BS the "Elite"/"Hardcore" gamers from the Xbone/PS4 wars are doing - and you need to cut that nonsense out. I mean what is your deal with M-rated games? Nintendo has M-rated games for the Wii/WiiU for goodness sake. I just... no. No dude. This is not a pissing contest, and even if it were the only thing anyone is getting out of this is a face full of urine.

xbox would be a good console.. If it worked. My Atari 2600 which is over 30 years old still works and the brand new cutting edge xbox One doesn't.. there is something very wrong here. Kids need to stay away from M rated games. The ratings are there for a reason. March 24, 2012, Noah Crooks who was 13 at the time was banned from playing the M-Rated game COD, due to bad grades at school. He went into full rage and tried to rape his own mother, when he couldn't go through with the first act. he grabbed his 22. Caliber and shot his own mom over 20 times. Crooks was guilty over 2nd degree murder. And is now in Juvee. the console that this kid was playing was his Xbox 360. Parents need to be fine 2,000 dollars for buying kids M-Rated games. Or the same fine, when you buy kids smokes and booze.

Also. you misread everything I wrote. and your BS needs to stop. Also you need to calm down, and stop using anger. You have no idea what I'm talking about. So don't quote me or reply.

Lol, let's calm down a little, folks. We're all Nintendo fans here, that's what's important. :angry:

I don't have an Xbox One yet, but when I buy one, I'll make sure to let you all know if it sucks or not. :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back