Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate online anyone?

BTCGuru81

So I just got Monster Hunter 3 for the Wii U. It's tons of fun. For the unitiated, it's kind of the Japanese Call of Duty. You go around fighting monsters, tiny ones at first, and use their remains to fashion new stuff...which you then use to fight bigger monsters. This is pretty much the whole game, which does it a gross disservice because it is incredibly fun. Anyone esle enjoy this series or this game specifically?

I already played Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii, and I thought this was the same game, not a remake. Did they add a lot of new stuff to the Wii U version?

I have no idea if this is a remake or not. For as much as I've been involved with Nintendo products, this is actually my personal introduction to the Monster Hunter series. It's actually pretty engaging. The description I gave of it is really al there is to it in terms of gameplay, but it doesn't do justice to it. I make it sound boring but I can't put down the controller. I have things to do man. This laundry just keeps getting worse but here I am killing these raptor things with this switchblade axe thingy.

I got it for the 3DS and Love it. if I was to ever buy a Wii-U this would be the game I buy with it first. :) I love, LOVE the monster hunter games.

I'm looking for hunters to make a clan, on the network mode.

To be honest, I own the game, but I haven't gotten far into it yet. I've only put like 2 hours into it, give or take. I've been more focused on other games, as I have a lot of Wii U games. And I'm getting several more this week too. However, later down the road, once I put more time to this game, then yeah, I wouldn't mind joining together. But, for the time being, I just haven't put much time into this yet. So many games, so little time before more games come out. I'm trying to beat them all, but with life and responsibilities, and random events, and what not, I can't always focus on every game and knock them out as quickly as I'd like. Still, I'll eventually get around to advancing in this game. But I'm not there yet. Still busy with other games. For instance, now that I'm done with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, I'm trying to go back and beat The Wonderful 101. However, between now and Tuesday, I plan on picking up ... Lego Marvel Super Heroes... Sonic: Lost World... Deus Ex: Human Revolution... Wii Party U.. Batman Arkham Origins.. and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackate. Then, next month, I plan on getting Assassin's Creed 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, Wii Sports Club, Watch Dogs, Super Mario 3d World, Mario Golf World Tour, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. So, yeah, I'll be plenty busy, and won't have much time to jump into this game any time soon.

I do plan on eventually beating Monster Hunter, however, because I figure that it'll take a while to get through it, I plan on doing it last. And with so many other games come out, I'll end up working on these titles first. Which, is a lot. And I'm sure that before I can finish them all, the 2014 titles will start coming out by then. So, it may be a while before I can get back into Monster Hunter, or progress far enough to feel comfortable going online with it. However, try me again in the future, and we'll see what happens. But again, it probably won't happen for at least several months, to be honest.

In the meantime, good luck finding people, and good luck in your game.

Latest threads

Back